Trail Tech Vapor

I installed my Vapor and I would like to say that it is awesome! It was fairly easy to install and I would recommend this product. When I took one of the wires out of the package the wire pulled right out of the plug. I phoned trail tech and they sent me a new one right away at no cost (and I live in canada). They have a very accurate way of setting up the speedo too. You travel down a road where the distance is know, and then you see how far the trail tech says it is, then it gives you this equation to put it in and it will give you your exact tire size. I topped it out going 120km/h and its stock gearing with 22" rears and fattys. It has shift lights and temp lights too (which you can set to whatever you want.

Overall I would say that for $100 (canadian) it was definetly worth it.

Trail Tech Vapor

Edited by blackandyellowshee

Do you have to install a battery to run this thing, or will it run off just your stock stator?

i have one on my bike as well

and yes you do need to run 12v to it.....for the backlighting and the shift/temp lights to work

i used a very small motorcycle storage battery totally independant of the banshee elec. system

trail tech's customer service is second to none......

i have a set of there lights too and i was having problems blowing bulbs.....they sent me 3 sets for free

and told me thay would keep sending them as long as i have problems....turned out the problem was my fault(forgot to put the regulator back in the bike)

and yesterday the speedo sensor wire came apart on my vapor(my fault as well) and there sending me a new one of them for free too.

great products at a reasonable price!!!

Dan

and yes you do need to run 12v to it.....for the backlighting and the shift/temp lights to work

i used a very small motorcycle storage battery totally independant of the banshee elec. system

I didn't use another battery...? I just tapped into the stator and it works perfect, shift lights, temp lights and backlights. Of course when you rev it up the screen lights up just like the headlights, and the backlight kind of flickers when its idleing.

As for a clamp it comes with 2 plastic ones, one for fat bars and one for regular.

There is a model for the Banshee, clicky

Darren

Is there any delay with the showing of RPM's on the tach? Does it also show the current temp of the engine?

there might be a 1000th of a sec delay but thats about it....its pretty acurate

and yes it does show current engine temps over 100 degrees

that was the main reason i got it was for the temp sensor.

100_0817.jpg

100_0808.jpg

the bottom pic its showing the outside temp

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the above vapor kit for my bike. I noticed on the install pics that they mount the speed sensor on either the inside rotor cover or a C bracket. Does that bracket come with the kit or do i need to order it separate, because my rotor covers are long gone. thanks. Also, i didn't see it on their site, but i want to add some lights to the bars. They have light dashes for the endurance listed, but none for the vapor. Do you know if they have a lightdash for the vapors yet?? Thanks phil