I give up!

IROOST1

I have a banshee, all rebuilt. I am trying to sell it. It ran perfect all day. this morning, i go to put it out at the street, it doesnt want to start until 10 kicks. i didnt even put it out. so after work, i go to pick it up from my other house to bring it back to work on, starts on first kick. what the hell.

One, out of five times i go to ride it, it doesnt want to start. once its running, its perfect.

i have done a leak down test, holds 6 psi for 2 hours. tested every electrical component except cdi, perfect. carbs are as clean as they get. new plugs, caps, fresh motor, 130 lbs comp(stock head).

the only problem is i put moose rebuild kits in the carbs and the right carb leaks sometimes out of the bowl overflow. the float height is perfect, i think the needle jet might be faulty.

I THINK I GIVE UP, ITS GONNA GET PARTED

My wifes banshee did that when we got it. I took the carbs apart and the pilots were completley plugged up. Cleaned them out and it starts 1st kick now. It had the same symptoms that you are saying and that fixed it. Just a thought.

Don't give up. Your bike shouldn't start hard. Check your equalizer hose between the carbs that little one that I always forget to put back on when I have my bike apart. I have had gas leaking out the overflow before and my shee didn't start hard or anything it just wasted gas intermittently. Check all of your jets also, I have taken my carbs apart and mixed my pilot jets where you take the bowl off with the jets that go into the intake side of the carb. They are the same thread and can be easily mixed up.

Are your plugs wet when it won't start? You can figure this out it's not the end of the world I know how frustrating it is...but it's usually an easy fix.

thats exactly what i thought. it doesnt want me to get rid of it.

the balance tube is new and on. the jets i can see through every hole. coil tests out good. i think the needle jet is defective. since fuel leaks out, it may be dumping into the motor and causing it to start hard when it sticks. i ordered a new one from dk. so hopefully that fixes it since i have a buyer.

thats exactly what i thought. it doesnt want me to get rid of it.

the balance tube is new and on. the jets i can see through every hole. coil tests out good. i think the needle jet is defective. since fuel leaks out, it may be dumping into the motor and causing it to start hard when it sticks. i ordered a new one from dk. so hopefully that fixes it since i have a buyer.

first thing you need to do, is see if it's spark or fuel ect...my 87 did that at was the cdi but you need to see what curcuit the problem is in 1st

Mine did the same thing-ended up disconnecting tors brain and never dealt with it again.Id try it unles you removed them.

tors removed, i think the float is hoaky. i replaced the needle jet and it still leaks fuel. so im looking for a new float, or right carb.