cool head

spt

not sure which cc dome is best for me my, mods are stock bore weisco pistons ,fmf reeds ,fmf exaust sst ,k&n filter no lid, ported and polished. looking for somthing good for racing and fast trailriding.any info for me guys

It depends on wether you want to run race gas or not.. If you run over 150psi you might need to start adding some race gas. Like a 50/50 blend of race gas and 92 octain.

Most likely if you want to run pump gas (92octain) Go with 21cc or 20cc domes depending on elevation.

not sure which cc dome is best for me my, mods are stock bore weisco pistons ,fmf reeds ,fmf exaust sst ,k&n filter no lid, ported and polished. looking for somthing good for racing and fast trailriding.any info for me guys

What is your elevation and what kind of fuel do you want to run?

• 2 weeks later...
pa elavation and like to keep running 92 octane pump gas. Is it really worth it for the money

'pa elevation' is pretty vague. check out this site for more specific elevation.

topozone

do you know what kind of head your getting? pro design / noss / ?

the noss head couldn't be any easier to install, looks great, works great, and yep, well worth the money. the owner is great to work with also. he's a member on this site and is easy to talk to and deal with any questions or problems. you can't go wrong with a noss head.

figure out your elevation, and check out the noss machine web site for the application guide.

Noss heads the way to go, find out what your elevation is, the site http://www.nossmachine.com has a chart that will give you a "ballpark" figure on your compression. More comp= more torque and more stress on your bottom end. With your mods id stick to pump, but thats just me - the guy who spends 115 bucks on 15 gallons of gas. :laugh:

Eric

With sst go for about 140-150, you can squeek by with 94 .I loved my mx ported shee with fatties and 18cc domes.It was a handful in the woods. Edited by BlazinOne

another thing to consider would be to split your cases and have your crank trued and welded so it doesnt come apart that would be for reliability.. then you could run some 19cc domes and just be on the verge of having to mix a little race fuel, though i have ran more than 150 psi of static compression before on pump fuels the general rule of thumb is around 150 you want to start mixing if its detonating..

all the different heads do pretty much the same things.. the billet heads (cool head, noss, rk tek, ect..) advantage would be the interchangable domes.. if you dont have the funds to get a new one find a used shell with studs (if needed) and just get some domes and o-rings. polish it up and your good to go..

Edited by lowriderb

I recently purschased a polished Noss with two dome sets & acorn nuts $145 shipped.

Before that I ran into a Pro Design $100, head only.

Both have interchangable domes with each other but Pro Design requires you change to longer cylinder studs. I'd rather Noss for that reason.. Both DLNoss & FAST give the BHQ discount the same Noss head & think it's $225 shipped for the head, seals & choice of dome size.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently purschased a polished Noss with two dome sets & acorn nuts $145 shipped.

Before that I ran into a Pro Design $100, head only.

Both have interchangable domes with each other but Pro Design requires you change to longer cylinder studs. I'd rather Noss for that reason.. Both DLNoss & FAST give the BHQ discount the same Noss head & think it's $225 shipped for the head, seals & choice of dome size.

Definitely go with a NOSS head. You won't go wrong.

I'll say that "some guy" told me that the noss heads are junk the only good thing you can do with them is change the domes out but he said mill the stock head down and stay away from the aluminum heads. But hey just putting it out there i'm not saying i agree with him.

I'll say that "some guy" told me that the noss heads are junk the only good thing you can do with them is change the domes out but he said mill the stock head down and stay away from the aluminum heads. But hey just putting it out there i'm not saying i agree with him.

Hmm... strange. Ive heard nothing but good from them, i plan on getting one here soon. My head is shaved now but i mainly want one just for the cooling advantage.