WTF, LMAO I dont think he knows what hes talking about

I stopped reading after this:

If oil "A" is twice as thick as oil "B" and you mix both at 40 to 1, oil "A" will really be 20 to 1, right ? Now think about the reverse. If "A" is half as thick as oil "B" and you mix both at 40 to 1. "A" would now be 80 to 1.

NO Dipshit....X amount of oil per X amount of gas is still X:1 ratio...

i gooogled it!

i was looking for premix ratio charts and found this. lol

i guess i well run 20:1 for now on since its really 40:1

lol he spells good too

Moron. go ahead and run 20:1 see how long it takes for your motor and carbs to get all gunked up. I run nothing but 40:1 with Klotz tech plate. Personally i think i could get away with a little less oil but im gonna be safe. I can see if your breaking it in and using 24:1 or if your using alky, what is it like 24:1 also?

Moron. go ahead and run 20:1 see how long it takes for your motor and carbs to get all gunked up. I run nothing but 40:1 with Klotz tech plate. Personally i think i could get away with a little less oil but im gonna be safe. I can see if your breaking it in and using 24:1 or if your using alky, what is it like 24:1 also?

hi the moron or me ... im confused, i was joking when i said i was going to go 20:1

BTW your bike is a VERY nice looking bike its different and possibly my favorite

I don't even believe in more oil when you break it in...the rings need to seat...that's it.

More oil makes that more difficult.

By his math, I use Benoil and Methanol...so, my 28:1 is more like 14:1???

Sheesh...

Yeah i agree thats why i said maybe, personally i just run straight 40:1 even for break-ins. yep his math is fucken retarded id love to meet this guy in person just for a laugh. Then again he may make me a little dumber....

There is a benefit to running more oil. Non-synthetic oil will release more energy than gasoline when burned, which means a richer ratio will give you more power. Now its not alot, probably less than switching to oxygenated gas, but it has been shown on dynos (there was a big thread on this on planetsand). If you use a good oil, it isn't going to "gunk" up anything either. You'll smoke more, and have more oil coming through the pipes. If you do foul plugs using more oil, just go to a hotter plug. Make sure your jetting is right though.

Trying to run a leaner ratio of oil has no benefit whatsoever (unless having your 2 stroke smoke really bothers you), and will leave your engine with less lubrication.

That being said, yeah the guy that wrote that article is an idiot.

ive been running 50:1 for over a year now and i just took the engine out to put new cases in and the top end looked perfect. i ran 24:1 because thats what the guy i bought it from told me to do and i was using the same jetting and same oil he was and for some reason i was replacing plugs after each ride. gets expensive changing plugs that much. switched to 50:1 maxima castor 927 and my top end looks fine and ive only had to replace the plugs twice since i changed over a year ago.