? about Cheetah Cub Porting

Guest Wicked ATV

Guest WICKED ATV

Someone on here told me that porting on a cheetah cub is mainly cleaning up the ports of rough spots an some inperfections. I cant remeber who it was but they said it can be done your self fairly easily. Is this true?

anything can be done if you have the knowhow... how well do you feel around a set of porting tools? i would say if your pretty confident with a port tool and know what to and not to grind on then go for it. yes the cub's can use a little cleaning up but unless your familiar with the process then i'd let someone who know how do it for you. money well spent imo...

Someone on here told me that porting on a cheetah cub is mainly cleaning up the ports of rough spots an some inperfections. I cant remeber who it was but they said it can be done your self fairly easily. Is this true?

yes, a clean up job is to get rid of the casting flaws. the cubs were designed as an out of the box drag ported cylinder. some builders will do more port work if you want to spend the extra cash.

also most builders you get cubs from clean them up before they sell them any how....

yep, for no extra charge. if a builder is charging extra for a clean up then you may want to shop around a little more. there are plenty of great builders out there that don't charge extra for a clean up job.

Now all you have to do is find the builder with the best clean up port, lol.

oh no, not another builder "bash off" thread.

I'm getting at least a .03654 more HP out of my FAST Cub... LOL :yelrotflmao:

Well...that's your fault. I told you to use the purple power band and you'd be getting .46969 more HP out of 'em.

When I built my 10 mil, I did my own clean up port on it...and I radiused the intake boost ports a little.

If you have the time, it's no big deal. the biggest mess to clean up is the transfer runners.

Well...that's your fault. I told you to use the purple power band and you'd be getting .46969 more HP out of 'em.

Sh!t... I thought you said the blue ones... I'm going to have to get those purple power bands! And maybe a boost bottle! :whistling:

I have stock cylinders. When i do my top end would it be a good idea to clean up my ports a bit. :confused: would emery cloth just to smooth things out be a good idea or should this be one o those things that you just leave alone unless you send it to a shop? :thanks:

I have stock cylinders. When i do my top end would it be a good idea to clean up my ports a bit. :confused: would emery cloth just to smooth things out be a good idea or should this be one o those things that you just leave alone unless you send it to a shop? :thanks:

i would get your stock jugs ported by a good shop for more power while they are off. your stock jugs shouldn't have the casting flaws like the cubs have when the engine builders get them. you may have some very minor casting flaws in your stockers, but nothing like what has been seen in the cubs.

Edited by cam2