Just Bought: New, Stock Banshee Wheels/Tires...

jayzx10r

I just picked up a set of '06 Banshee wheels/tires that have never been used (they were replaced immediately with sand tires) off of Craigslist for $100. Is that a good deal? Should I have bought aftermarket wheels instead? What are the positives/nagatives associated with the stock tires/wheels/rim size?

Probably an infrequent use tire that will be used exclusively in hard pack, rocky conditions. Picked them up mainly for "tuning purposes" up the street and pulling a couple of weeds from the front yard... :biggrin:

How much pressure should I run?

Thanks,

Jay From SanD. :thanks:

Edited by jayzx750

100 bills for new wheels and tires is pretty good. Especially to just test run on the street.

I only check my knobbies when one looks low. My knobbies are rarely on. Either sitting in the garage or up and down the street.

10-15 psi should be good

For any type of trails I believe that's a bit high...

Then again, what do I know, I just crash them well....

You believe what is high...the price or the pressure?

Most of the aftermarket wheels I've seen are either 8"or 10" but the stocker rears are 9". Are there issues with the stock wheels or do they have undesirable characteristics on hard pack conditions?

:thanks: Jay.

You believe what is high...the price or the pressure?

Most of the aftermarket wheels I've seen are either 8"or 10" but the stocker rears are 9". Are there issues with the stock wheels or do they have undesirable characteristics on hard pack conditions?

:thanks: Jay.

$100 WAS A STEEL

4 PSI IS GOOD

I WOULD NOT RUN OVER 5 PSI

• 3 weeks later...

It usually says the do not excead pressure on the side of the tire. I have a pair of stock rims for riding hard pack rocky trails that way if you ding or dent them you dont care. Most stock tires on rocks i run 3.5 pounds. If you get up around 5 it will ride like a lumber wagon on bumpy trails.

i don't mind the stock rear rims, but the front ones get dinged up pretty easily. i'd rather have something like the itp t-9 baja's. anyway, that's still a good deal for a complete set of stockers. i'll bet you could resell them seperately as pairs on fleabay and make more than $100 off of them. or just beat the crap out of them with no worries :biggrin: