KFX450R or an LT450R

Whitey

I usually don't ask these questions to the internet because its really up to me in the end but I really can't decide between the two. I'm deciding between these two bikes (I'm still keeping my Banshee though) but I really am up in the air between the two. the KFX is brand new and I don't feel like waiting till all the bugs are out of it but I like the aluminum frame and reverse. the Suzuki seems to be a faster bike with a cherry bomb and exhaust and it has more suspension travel and I like the wider track. I started getting into racing hare scrambles so the KFX might be the better choice for that but I do just as much high speed trail riding and hillclimbs.

So whats your opinion on the two?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kawi has ALWAYS been my choice of bikes, The Tecate 3 was kick ass as too the Tecate 4! I had raced KX 80's big wheel and 125's when I was younger, and Ron lachean (owner of Maxima racing oil) was always one of my favorite riders of all time. and the KX 450f is a beauty specially the 2007 (my next bike)........in my opinion I would ride a KAWI any day of the week........but nothing is like the speed of my banshee

i believe that the suzuki took sport quad of the year last year did it not? i may be wrong but i have heard from a few guys that they are one of the forces to be reconed with in the 450 class. and if im not wrong i believe for 07-08 they are actualy going to be a 470??? correct me if im wrong but i think i did read that some place.. quad sport mag maybe

LTR.... there has been quite a few unhappy buyers on kawieriders. Guess the 450 isnt up to snuff in the 450 class just yet.

I just got done reading some of the reviews on that site and wow thats depressing. I didn't expect the bike to be that disappointing. I figured it was just becuase of the stock gearing was too short but I guess the whole bike just sucks.

i say fuck them both. buy a yfz450.

Nah. I like the LTR better than the YFZ.

I agree with Loco on the YFz. But if you must have either a Kawi OR Sucky then I say the kawi. I've rode both my buddy just picked up his Kawi last week and the Sucky's Well they suck if your not on a track.

the only thing about the Kawi is if your gonna dawg the shit out of it you best had get some gussets for that frame cause the lower A-arm mount is fucked up and doesn't appeal to me very well in the strength category. Othe than that this is the Kawi first year so it's hard telling what next year will be and how many things will go wrong on it this year. As for the Kawi to Suzuki power comparison. The kawi wins everything but I'd say the Sucky will spank it on the track.

Josh

I have a ltr and it's pretty bad. It's got 2 bros slip on and a cherry bomb, and no air box lid. It pulls like a freight train!!! Love it in the trails and mx track. Suspension like a cloud, out the box.

some of the KFX450s have issues. I work at a dealership and was preping a KFX and it must of came from the factory with improper mapping or something cause it was so lean it would not even start some of the time. All our mechanics were stumped and we checked everything, the only way it would start was if i was to hold my hand over the airbox snorkle to choke it, even then it would die out pretty easy. This was the second one that left, the first one had no issues. we still didnt figure it out yet, we just gave the customer another one on that was on the floor. Ill post exactly what was wrong when i get home from work tomorrow, thats if they actually figure it out.

The KFX 450 itself is pretty sweet. it feels small and light which is nice and has decent power. the reverse is totally uneccisary but is nice to have i guess, its easy to get to as you dont have to take your hand of the grips. Overall its pretty damn sweet.