4mm or 10mm

ok.. i know yall say this and get this alot.. but which should i go with? how much of a power increase are we seeing from the 10 mil? i know the 4 mil gets about a 7% increase. I dont need to trench my cases.... i think.. (im a lucky son of a bitch and "obtained" some mattoon cases) i dont think the mattoon cases need to be trenched.. i think theyre all ready for llike... up to 18 mil XD do they? i cant get ahold of mattoon.. i do fireroads.. hill climbs, dunes, some trails.. and a +2 swinger... can i put the 10 in instead of a 4? smae thing basically.. yes i know all the stuff i have to do, i know imma have to run race ggas in it... 110 octane.. 19cc domes, 10mm... +4.. port.. thats definatly a race gas combo ^^ so 10 or 4? i want more then a 4 but i dont know if 10 will be too much... im almost at the point of ordering all this..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ya got the cash go big or go home! I would run 39's shearers, lock up, override, straight cuts, and a much longer swinger! I have a 10 over on my 4mill and it launches hard as hell! 10 mill is alot of engine and for the most part a drag only engine. but it can be made to do other things!

I would get a set of big cheetahs with power valves if you are gonna do other things than just drag!

good luck on your decision. Oh and to find out your info on the cases, check out planet sand. I know there are a bunch of guys running them over there.

Yeah, I know I probably sounded like a smug ass in my post, please don't take it that way.

But, the truth is...when you're pushing that much power, proper chassis setup is critical to get it to the ground.

Improperly done, you'll be looking at the sky the whole time, or frying the tires all day.

Neither are very practical...and it's kinda hard not to slam into a tree when your front tires are off the ground...and unable to turn.

My first 4 mil cub I had T5 pipes and stock carbs, still needed a +6 swinger....and it turned like a 1 ton diesel pickup truck....like total shit. And it only dyno'd 84.8 HP with those pipes and carbs, bone stock ignition.

I think you'd be happy with a good porting job on OEM cylinders for your needs. A reputable builder will easily be able to pull 65 to 75HP out of the stock cylinders...and it will be much more manageable for trails....

fyi i drag race 200hp+ superbikes out here in az

road racing andridin on the dirt are two VERY different beasts. If you plan on riding trails port the stock jugs and run a 4 mil crank, it'll be more than enough power, especially since your bike appears to have stock suspension all the way around (shit, a piped banshe is almost more than the stock suspension can really handle), at least as far as I can tell from your avatar.