I-96 Flat Track Quads 1/4 mile oval

x.system

I'm sure the race for today at Mid Michigan will be called due to rain, were getting alot right now which we needed. Next race will be at I-96 http://www.i96speedway.com/ June 8th Friday night, check the site for times. I prefer night races so I will definatly be there. It looks like it will only be bikes and quads running this Firday since the World Series off Road Racing has been canceled. We were schedualed to run Fri, Sat and Sun during this event but it looks like its just Fri now. We will also be at Mid Mich again next Sunday weather permitting. I hold the record for lap times so far :biggrin: for last Sundays run with a modded banshee only 2 hundreds of a second behind me. We went from low to mid 17 seconds down to mid 16's. The track had so much bite last weekend alot of the guys were 2 wheeling through the corners. I wore out both right side tires in 20 laps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always wanted to do TT style race. But for right now all I have is my XC 416ex that prally tops out at 70MPH with nobbys tires lol :down:

Would it be ok for me to run one just to see if I like it or not?

We had 2 guys that showed up Sunday that were not set up for it. They did alright until one got to far sideways and high sided his bike, the other guy slammed into me after I had stopped to help the fallen rider and messed up his front end pretty good. They were running pretty much stock bikes, stock tires so yes you can run but if you show up and are running a honda/suzuki I have a new set of hoosiers mounted your welcome to use that day, at least that way you will get a better feel for it and will be a little safer on the track. The next 3 weeks is going to be a small group with some people taking their vacations and some have to work so we are only expecting 6 or 7 of the regular riders for the next 3 races. If your topping out at 70 you should do alright, I know a couple guys are running stock gearing on 450's and they hold their own pretty good.

• 7 months later...

raced there in 2007 , ok track... long drive for no money or trophy

Talked with the owner and he says he will run us IF we get 30+ riders to show up. 10 dates have been set to run quads IF we can get the turn out. If we get the turn out needed we can break it down into different class's but I think it will mainly be outlaw class and open class but that has not been determined yet.

We need the riders to show up and support this if you want it to stay around, otherwise we will no longer be able to race on one of the best oval tracks in MI.

The first race is Saturday May 5th, no time has been set yet but I will change that as soon as I get that info. The only thing on the schedual that day is the battle of the bands, this will be a full day of racing just for the quads if you show up, buggies may be there that day as well but not positive. There will be practice laps, heat races and a main event. This date will determine if we run this year or not so try to make it to this event. A program will be handed out for future races at this date. I have all the dates we will be running but no sense in listing them if we can't get 30+ riders to show up at the first race.

We are making up a list of riders to show the owner just how many are interested in racing oval track so if you would like to try oval track or plan to race I need you to PM me your name, phone number and what you ride, and if you have health insurance or not. I will forward this info to another gentleman who has volenteered his time to keep track of the riders and to contact them of any changes in the program.

Pit pass is $25 per person, there is no extra charge to race.

http://www.i96speedway.com/