lockout

lonestar

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: ya got a noob callin ya out there Firehead...

...you gonna take that shit! :yelrotflmao:

:evil: sorry, I'm an Instigator. :evil:

I am far from a noob;

Alright idiot,

http://www.superflow.com/dynamometers/Inde...bTopicOrder=1#4 Read that and you will see that even though you have not heard of a load cell, superflow has. I know for a fact that the dyno in the vid is a superflow, I have been on it several times.

http://www.gigotracing.com/image_zoom.php?...dnMm5xLmpwZw==# I guess that really isnt a motec on his bike....really and these really are not a set of triple throttle boddies he built in house http://www.gigotracing.com/image_zoom.php?...RoWlVNYy5qcGc=#

I must admit you are more of an idiot than i thought

The guy in that video is not a professional. If the cylinder on that bike is what he claims it to be..........I don't believe it was out three years ago like you claim.

You claim all and know nothing. Kevin had the very first sabertooth in in shop long before they were sold to anybody. You see Calvitn Pollett...You may have heard of him knows that kevin is one of the best out there and they have been friends for many years, So yes Kevin has had the cylinder that long and he has also been a part of the development. They were available to the public in august 2004 and ohton sold one on ebay August 3, 2004. Kevin had one several months before that...but since you so smart once again...you already knew that :down:

I hope these guys on here are not stupid enough to think you actually know anything

Edited by Boston Racing

I am far from a noob;

Alright idiot,

http://www.superflow.com/dynamometers/Inde...bTopicOrder=1#4 Read that and you will see that even though you have not heard of a load cell, superflow has. I know for a fact that the dyno in the vid is a superflow, I have been on it several times.

http://www.gigotracing.com/image_zoom.php?...dnMm5xLmpwZw==# I guess that really isnt a motec on his bike....really and these really are not a set of triple throttle boddies he built in house http://www.gigotracing.com/image_zoom.php?...RoWlVNYy5qcGc=#

I must admit you are more of an idiot than i thought

You're untintelligent................and let me tell you why:

Every dynamometer has a load cell. A load cell is a strain gauge on a known deformable structure (maybe you're not dumb and you just made a mistake). What differentiates dynamometers quality and capability is the trype of drive unit or absorber that is attached to the load cell. Read below (since it seems you are about 15 years old and know how to use the internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamometer#T....2Fdriver_units

The link to the Superflow website you posted is clearly irrelevant in this case (way to be smarter than me. good job).

The link to to the Motec M4 FIS unit you posted is of box that is out of the late 1980's. I wish I worked with high tech. stuff like that. The throttle body unit you posted looks to be a low pressure common rail unit certainly not vey special. Besides you said it was all for a Moto GP bike (were you making that up?). This thread was all about a video of a single cylinder, two stroke. 250R'ish engine. When was the last time you saw an engine like that run in any Moto GP class (answer: never). I would really appreciate it if you could organize your thoughts and falicies in a logical manner in the future so that I don't feel so bad about wasting my time proving some guy, with only a couple posts on BasheeHQ, has a metal capacity of the Mexican guy that is a Valet at the hotel I'm staying at, who went and parked my company car, lost the keys, then claimed I never gave him the keys (Upon presenting this information to him, he ran off).

I know of Calvin via the internet...........that's about it. I thought that video was originally advertised as being of a Caracal, not a Sabertooth. If it was a Sabertooth then it has been around atleast as long as you say it has. If I was mistaken about that, then I apologize. I really don't do the ATV racing industry nut swinging thing (to borrow a term from someone on here), but you seem to, so grab on to lefty and hang on tight. :thumbsup:

Nobody ever claimed that his system is used or came off a motogp bike . I said it had a "GP" ( Gigot performance) EFI Kit and it most certainly does. Half your thread is bullshit...Imagine that. You also claim that that is not a superflow...wrong again. How many ATV dynos do you know of that have Eddy current load cells.....

I don't think this Gigot Performance place can be be marketing that MOTEC unit as their own kit. MOTEC does not allow their components to be privately branded.

I am not really sure why we have to talk about ATV specific dyno's and an ATV can be run on any dynamomter given the proper physical envelope and fidelity of the control system and absorber. If you want to talk about how many ATV specific, eddy current dyno's I know of off the top of my head, then the number would be 4. The reason being, most folks buy anautomotive chassis size dynamometer if they are looking to buy something better than an inertia brake dyno for ATV's, as the customer gets much more value for their out cash out lay, they can still run most any two wheel drive vehicle thus allowing them to have a broader customer base and make more money. The problem with eddy current dynomometer in general is that they are usually air cooled or have close loop oil cooling system, which since this type of dyno is essentially a giant resistor, winds up losing power absorption ability over a relatively short period of time. The upside is that they are small and most folks can afford them. If the ATV industry is you target market, then a VVI Water brake dynamometer is a much better investment if quality of of engine development work is your goal (it's obviously not based on the video in this thread). The downside is you either need to be on a major city water line and deal with a big water bill or you need to have a cooling tower (which like to grow bacteria and smell if not maintained religiously).

The end all, beat all, type of dynamometer for anyone who is really serious about engine development is generally know as an AC dyno (basically the absorber is a large AC motor). AVL and Horiba are the leading companies with this type of dyno for sale. A "real" engine or chassis dyno has to be able to profile follow and motor (some eddy current, water brake, and friction brake dynos can do this, but there is expensive optional equipment involved, and they can't do it for extended periods of time. There usually winds up being an AC motor involved with these hybrid dynos anyway).

Getting back to the original video in this thread. That dyno is not well maintained, it may have a Superflow control system, but the dyno chassis and absorber were not made by Superflow. Proper dynamomter techniques and procedures are not being used and that whole operation looks pretty much like a hack is running it. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the guy in that video is a hack. :ermm:

Firehead your ignorance is amazing!

By the way I am the hack in the video :evil: haha

You claim to know my dyno and you have never set foot in my shop?!

Did you know we were one of the first to have a superflow chassis dyno in the business or in the country for that matter?'

I guess it doesn

As I read this thread, I had to note that mr. firehead did say something smart: "...I may be wrong" And how right he was with that realization. LOL

He admitted that he hadn't seen any of what he is talking about.

We have had the lockout in our hands.

We have run one on one of our Motors.

We have been seen/handled GP engineering Chassis and suspension parts.

We have seen and used his Superflow Cycledyne Dyno.

We have seen inside his Motec/GP eng. EFI, Turbo Sabertooth motor.

We have seen it run at Fallon Nevada.

We have seen enough to know that this Firehead's hothead comments are baseless.

And Firehead's lack of judgment is unbelievable in attacking Kevin and his company.

It is understandable, however, to see why someone would be jealous of Kevin Gigot, and GP Eng. .

There is but a very small # of ATV shops in the country that have the equipment that he has. (A full in-house CNC machine shop, and manual machines as well, a fab shop capable of supplying light weight chassis components made of exotic metals around the globe--and yes, he does LOL. A state-of-the-art Superflow Dyno, and Dyno facility, Not to mention one of the largest EFI parts inventories around. And so much more.)

Then to be able to do it all by himself, from design, to manufacture, to testing...

No wonder many are jealous...

And consider the fact that he went to the largest hill gathering of USA 2-stroke engine builders in 2006, Fallon NV, and took that very same single cylinder EFI/Turbo Saber, and in front of the world he crushed the single cylinder speed record going as fast as the fast triples, and faster than any twin. There he validated his 150+hp claim in the field. And will likely hold that speed record until he chooses to return and break his own record.

Some might be jealous of the fact that Kevin is an engineer, and innovator, instead of a copy-cat builder like our industry is so plagued with. The Direct Drive Lockout, and the JJ&A axle are perfect examples. Everyone and their brother that has a CNC connection has copied and produced knockoffs. This copy-cat stuff is not what make the industry great. Someone copies to make themselves $$, and to do nothing for the technology of the sport. They are the ones motivated to make cheap, and inferior components that cost "an arm and a leg" in the long run, if you know what I mean.

Kevin has things of value and a family business at stake; he isn't going make something that puts it all in jeopardy. He didn't get to where he is being a dolt. :)

And yes, the lockout is outstanding. They have more holding force than any other, less components to fail, and are a brilliant design. We already have a load of the new banshee ones on order for our big hp bikes. :)

As I read this thread, I had to note that mr. firehead did say something smart: "...I may be wrong" And how right he was with that realization. LOL

He admitted that he hadn't seen any of what he is talking about.

We have had the lockout in our hands.

We have run one on one of our Motors.

We have been seen/handled GP engineering Chassis and suspension parts.

We have seen and used his Superflow Cycledyne Dyno.

We have seen inside his Motec/GP eng. EFI, Turbo Sabertooth motor.

We have seen it run at Fallon Nevada.

We have seen enough to know that this Firehead's hothead comments are baseless.

And Firehead's lack of judgment is unbelievable in attacking Kevin and his company.

It is understandable, however, to see why someone would be jealous of Kevin Gigot, and GP Eng. .

There is but a very small # of ATV shops in the country that have the equipment that he has. (A full in-house CNC machine shop, and manual machines as well, a fab shop capable of supplying light weight chassis components made of exotic metals around the globe--and yes, he does LOL. A state-of-the-art Superflow Dyno, and Dyno facility, Not to mention one of the largest EFI parts inventories around. And so much more.)

Then to be able to do it all by himself, from design, to manufacture, to testing...

No wonder many are jealous...

And consider the fact that he went to the largest hill gathering of USA 2-stroke engine builders in 2006, Fallon NV, and took that very same single cylinder EFI/Turbo Saber, and in front of the world he crushed the single cylinder speed record going as fast as the fast triples, and faster than any twin. There he validated his 150+hp claim in the field. And will likely hold that speed record until he chooses to return and break his own record.

Some might be jealous of the fact that Kevin is an engineer, and innovator, instead of a copy-cat builder like our industry is so plagued with. The Direct Drive Lockout, and the JJ&A axle are perfect examples. Everyone and their brother that has a CNC connection has copied and produced knockoffs. This copy-cat stuff is not what make the industry great. Someone copies to make themselves $$, and to do nothing for the technology of the sport. They are the ones motivated to make cheap, and inferior components that cost "an arm and a leg" in the long run, if you know what I mean.

Kevin has things of value and a family business at stake; he isn't going make something that puts it all in jeopardy. He didn't get to where he is being a dolt. :)

And yes, the lockout is outstanding. They have more holding force than any other, less components to fail, and are a brilliant design. We already have a load of the new banshee ones on order for our big hp bikes. :)

If we're going to start being stupid about this....................let's get it over with. I ma not jealous of anything this Gigot guy has.............he's pretty small time.........compared to the rest of motorsport oriented business folks. I don't mean to make any personal slurrs about the person who runs the GP operation, but from what I have seen on the internet, which is silly, I know, the design of the "flashy" or "fringe" parts that he makes are not great. You say his lockup is better than every one else's.................I bet you have no proof of that and certainly it could have less mechanically fastened moving parts, but saying it has less moving parts is ridiculous. You have to count the balls in that thing and they are not mechanically secure it any way.

Beyond that I never said the GP parts didn't work. I merely observed that the design of the throttle body for instance was crude and the design of the louckup clutch was unnecessarily over complicated. The actual absorber unit in the video is not a SuperFlow unit. The control system may be, but that's not in the video. Besides the CycleDyne system from Superflow refers to the control more than anything. I believe they attach several different absorbers to that package as well as retrofitting it onto other manufacturers products. In any case the dyno techniques displayed in the video are very unprofessional. What was displayed in the video will get you laughed out of most serious engine development circles.

With regard to the CNC shop GP supposedly has at his disposal, it's tough to say what he really has without seeing something other thant the part discussed in this thread. Based on that though, it's nothing special.

Not knowing anything more than what is shown here nad on his website, I seriously doubt the guy in the video is a trained engineer. Another question that one might is ask is that if the guy is so great, why is he a one man show?

This entire thread seems to be vaguely reminscent of the Passion Racing thread from several months ago. Which all seems to be a product of retarded nut swinging by a seriously retarded individuals.

With regard to the personal attacks sent in my direction: 1.) Unless you have been featured in RaceTech or Racecar Engineering Magazine, shut up. 2.) For all I know the people handing out the verbal abuse are jealous of me? I can't see why, but it seems some people have a serious case of small man syndrome. 3.) All of the ATV stuff I do is a hobby, and I generally don't make any moeny off of it. I see it as being a very simple medium that involves a ground vehicle that I can tinker with. 4.) There are people better than me out there in this world at what I do, but it's a minority. While I may have a big ego, I have worked very hard to pack in my successful career accomplishments at a somewhat young age. No one can argue any of that. When one of my detractors on here goes and becomes a leader in a globally successful racing effort, let me know, then we can compare brain pans. 5.) Respect is an earned thing with me. Jabbering away about stuff that is over you head and posting hokey videos of yourself on the internet doesn't earn you damn thing. Lying, being inconsistant, making stuff up, skewing fact to make you are someonelse seem less retarded, and nut swinging in general makes me fell sorry for you more than anything. Obviously something isn't right in your life if that's what you feel you need to do inorder to feel important. You might as well go buy a Big Johnson t-shirt and claim to be the reason it was created for all that it matters.

With that said, this thread has left me scratching my head with regard to the seemingly endless population of silly individuals out there. I don't know what else to say. :confused:

Well so here you go...

What is clear about this thread is how much you don't know about the ATV drag race industry and it's innovators. You maybe whatever, wherever, but this "product review" isn't about you. It's about Kevins Lochout. Kevin isn't a Banshee guy, but he is one of the few true innovators in the industry, and he has products around the world.

You have made some pretty bolt assertions, and sadly have declared your ignorance in several areas in this thread. You might in fact be very wise and have much helpful info to add to some topics, but you out on a limb here.

Here's some facts.

Fact #1 I don't have any idea who you are.

Fact #2 Whoever you are has no bearing on who Kevin Gigot is.

Fact #3 His dyno is a Superflow.

Fact #4 His Saber is one of the very first, and one of the most powerful single twostrokes in the world.

Fact #5 It has a Motec controlled EFI, and he has extensive experience in turbo/efi two-strokes.

Fact #6 I have tested lockouts extensively

Fact #7 His lockup is works great. :)

I am nice guy from California, and have no axe to grind. And I know there is a commedy element to all that has firehead has said. But it's just wrong.

Well so here you go...

What is clear about this thread is how much you don't know about the ATV drag race industry and it's innovators. You maybe whatever, wherever, but this "product review" isn't about you. It's about Kevins Lochout. Kevin isn't a Banshee guy, but he is one of the few true innovators in the industry, and he has products around the world.

You have made some pretty bolt assertions, and sadly have declared your ignorance in several areas in this thread. You might in fact be very wise and have much helpful info to add to some topics, but you out on a limb here.

Here's some facts.

Fact #1 I don't have any idea who you are.

Fact #2 Whoever you are has no bearing on who Kevin Gigot is.

Fact #3 His dyno is a Superflow.

Fact #4 His Saber is one of the very first, and one of the most powerful single twostrokes in the world.

Fact #5 It has a Motec controlled EFI, and he has extensive experience in turbo/efi two-strokes.

Fact #6 I have tested lockouts extensively

Fact #7 His lockup is works great. :)

I am nice guy from California, and have no axe to grind. And I know there is a commedy element to all that has firehead has said. But it's just wrong.

To mitigate the poop flinging, I have a few randon thoughts and statements:

1.) I am an asshole sometimes. Like it or not.

2.) I am really only here for your and my entertainment pleasure.

3.) This Kevin guy may be a nice guy. I never said he wasn't and I certainly never met him in person.

4.) If the person posting here under the McCoy Performance name is actually Nate McCoy, then you and I have actually met in person a few years ago at Two Stroke Wars.

5.) I never said any of the Gigot stuff didn't work. The locup clutch pictures isn't really a new idea. Drag racers (cars, funny cars, etc.) have been using a similair device as a harmonic balancer since the 1960's. TCI even commercially marketed a product called "The Rattler" for awhile. My hack at the design was that it is overly complicated for the application as well as only being adjustable by changing to different weight balls which either means larger balls and potentially machining differeent races into the clutch or denser balls which past a certain point do not commonly exist due the original application of the balls (I assume ball bearings or buck shot). It just doesn't seem to make much sense to me design-wise, if you actually wanted to sell these units to the public.

6.) The dyno in the video is not a SuperFlow absorber. It looks like an early 1980's Rototest unit. Now, I'm not saying it's bad. It's just not being advertised correctly.

7.) Some folks may think I'm wrong for saying what I said here, but really I feel I'm just keeping it real, as Dave Chapelle might say. To contribute to the community here, I feel it should be pointed out, if someone who is in the ATV business is being described in such a way that may mislead someone who is thinking about purchasing such items or services as mentioned in this thread. I certainly don't see myself as doing any favors for anyone in this thread, but I am certainly not regurgitating poo in defense of some products I that I purchased.

8.) Nut Swinging is a funny term.

9.)Small man syndrome is easily identifiable when you observe someone that is so arrogant about their or someone else's work that they think that there isn't anyone out there in the world who knows more than they do or is better than them with respect to any given topic. This ought to be a life lesson for anyone in any sort of technical profession. People who claim to be innovators or the best at anything generally are not. Example: you do not see anyone who is actually the best anything truely acknowledged as such until they are dead.

..................and I'm spent. :biggrin:

Firehead, there's no need to mitigate anything. You are entitled to your opinion. You've trash-talked Kevin and his stuff. I am acknowledging that your accusations and observations are simply wrong, even those you insist on repeating. Other than your incorrect assumptions, there is no bad info on this thread about the lockout to "mitigate".

You might contact Superflow and ask them about their opinion about Kevin Gigot and the crew at GP Eng. . Until recently he was featured in an article on their website...lol Your still wrong about his Dyno too. I am sure that you would also be surprised at his engineering credentials. But I had hoped that we wouldn't have to crush your ego just to stop these foolish attacks based on these fallacious assumptions.

I am Nate McCoy. When/where did you meet me? If you have met me, maybe you should start a new thread about my stuff, and talk trash about me instead of Kevin, whom you do not know.

Oh ya, and his lockout works very well.