lockout

lonestar

This entire thread seems to be vaguely reminscent of the Passion Racing thread from several months ago. Which all seems to be a product of retarded nut swinging by a seriously retarded individuals.

huh????? taking a stab at jim huh// you a f.a.s.t nut swinger are ya giulty feeling giulty???

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin isn't a Banshee guy, but he is one of the few true innovators in the industry, and he has products around the world.

Yugo and LeCar have products all over the world too, but I don't think that qualifies them as innovators.

In all honesty, the guy's lockup may be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'm still not gonna buy it. With those balls slinging around in there, it looks like it's just a timebomb waiting to go off.

This entire thread seems to be vaguely reminscent of the Passion Racing thread from several months ago. Which all seems to be a product of retarded nut swinging by a seriously retarded individuals.

huh????? taking a stab at jim huh// you a f.a.s.t nut swinger are ya giulty feeling giulty???

Nah, this thread just reminded me of the Passion thread. I never bought anything from either one of those guys. Jeff at F.A.S.T is a nice guy though and a contibuting member on here. :shrug:

for those of you who dont know who iam,iam the mexican firehead is talking about.

by the way what happen the mexican jokes?

firehead what do you call a bunch of mexicans in a jacuzzy[sp]?

What do you call Mexicans in a hot tub? I don't believe I have heard this joke before.

Firehead, there's no need to mitigate anything. You are entitled to your opinion. You've trash-talked Kevin and his stuff. I am acknowledging that your accusations and observations are simply wrong, even those you insist on repeating. Other than your incorrect assumptions, there is no bad info on this thread about the lockout to "mitigate".

You might contact Superflow and ask them about their opinion about Kevin Gigot and the crew at GP Eng. . Until recently he was featured in an article on their website...lol Your still wrong about his Dyno too. I am sure that you would also be surprised at his engineering credentials. But I had hoped that we wouldn't have to crush your ego just to stop these foolish attacks based on these fallacious assumptions.

I am Nate McCoy. When/where did you meet me? If you have met me, maybe you should start a new thread about my stuff, and talk trash about me instead of Kevin, whom you do not know.

Oh ya, and his lockout works very well.

Nate, I don't know much about your stuff other than what I have read and I don't have an opinion about your stuff, good or bad. If I remember coreectly, I think I met you at Two Stroke Wars about three years ago. You certainly seemed impressed by my CNC ported cylinders and my general knowledge of racing engine development.

You seem to think I am wrong about my observations regarding the GP products. I am a bit concerned that it seems like you don't know any better. Maybe you are just nut swinging from another person in the industry. I have no idea. It didn't seem like you were this silly when I met you, but I guess some people are different when they are unburdened by the lack of accountability afford to people by the internet.

I just spoke with Jeff Evans, the vice president of SUperFlow North America and he forwarded me the article from their website regard the GP operation and it certainly confirms that indeed the absorber is not made by SuperFlow, just the control is. The article was written as a feature to demonstrate the ability to sucessfully retrofit other manufacturers equipment. I suspect it would be a good time for you to drop this as you are embarassing yourself. Maybe GP has another dyno besides the one in the video? Though Jeff said that they hadn't sold GP anything else.

You certainly are not going to crush my ego with anything you say as most of it seems to be second hand or made up information. It's sad that is what you have to do to try and make yourself look better yo your customer base. Maybe you are just trying to feel better about yourself. I am not sure.

As for my point #9 from my previous post, I do take my own advice and I certainly know many folks that are better than I am professionaly in many ways. However, that group of folks certainly does not include you or GP. I can't imagine why I would start a new thread to trash talk someone. That seems to be your deal, not mine. Really, all I ever did was give the lock up clutch from GP a thumbs down, the dyno testing in the video a thumbs down, and a thumbs sideway for that three hole throttle body. You filled in the rest.

Who's the ass now? Ooops, I think it's you................. :ermm:

Well..I've been entertained, that's to say the least...

Nate, thanks for coming over here. It's too bad you joined this forum for this reason, your help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated over here.

I'm not taking either sides, firehead is my friend...I don't know Kevin Gigot....never seen his products, but I'm of the same opinion.... Those ball bearings make me nervous. If you've had great luck with them, Nate...that's good.

But everyone knows....once you have a mental block of some sort, it's hard to go against the grain...especially with your own hard earned money.

That's my .02, good luck....

Mark...since you have the article from their website, post a link. That will settle that...

Well..I've been entertained, that's to say the least...

Nate, thanks for coming over here. It's too bad you joined this forum for this reason, your help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated over here.

I'm not taking either sides, firehead is my friend...I don't know Kevin Gigot....never seen his products, but I'm of the same opinion.... Those ball bearings make me nervous. If you've had great luck with them, Nate...that's good.

But everyone knows....once you have a mental block of some sort, it's hard to go against the grain...especially with your own hard earned money.

That's my .02, good luck....

Mark...since you have the article from their website, post a link. That will settle that...

I have it as a *.PDF. I will have to see if I can host it somewhere. I can't seem to get it to stick as an attachment to this post. I don't have my personal laptop with me on this business trip, otherwise I would just convert it to a *.jpeg. Aside from being on SuperFlow's website, the article (if that's what you want to call it. (I think it's more a of a side bar story)) was originally written to go in the SuperFlow quarterly news letter.

I think I am pretty much done with this thread any way. There is nothing more good that can come from this thread. I already went outside my normal boundaries by emailing my friend at SuperFlow. I guess I let myself get too worked up over all of this. I just cannot stand people who lie. :down:

I still have no idea who you are firehead. And If I was once impressed with you, you must have not been talking about people and things you didn't know. Because you not very impressive on this thread.

If you did talk to Superflow you found out more and more of your assertions were wrong. And if you want to know the truth. (Somehow it seems that you won't accept it anyway, but I'll try nicely again.)

Facts that you are wrong about in this thread:

The fact of the # of people that work @GP Eng.

The fact of Kevin's Education,

The fact of his Saber Being one of the first,

The fact that the Saber has a Motec,

The fact that their Dyno is Superflow,

The fact that their Shop is inferior,

The fact that you have seen me impressed,

The fact that the GP lockout is more dangerous than the other leading designs.

The fact that I haven't tested and compared it to other brands.

The fact that GP is a manufacturing and engine building "Hack"

The fact that I would say anything on this thread for any other reason that to defend the truth about GP Eng.

I am tired of thinking about how nearly every post you add, you bring in more false data to try to substantiate that the limb you've put yourself on is solid. And your just wrong.

And to the rest of you good people that would want to welcome me to Banshee HQ, I must admit that this thread seems unwelcome. It also seems unprofitable for me to try to help on a forum, where the facts are rejected in favor of someone opinion-- that is wrong. No matter how much you guys have been impressed by this Firehead guy, he is leading you astray on this thread.

As far as safety, we have seen the leading other brands lockouts come apart during operation. And they have ruined many components. And whoever thinks that the danger and destruction of the GP lockout is more needs to recalculate. The force of each ball is substantially less that a DD lockout arm, and they are small and round. We have simulated the "Explosion" of a GP lockout and the balls did no significant damage to the cover or clutch components. Whereas we have several motors that have had many clutch components destroyed by traditional lockout failures (basket,primary gears,covers,waterpumps,even cranks). An engineer should understand why.

I still have no idea who you are firehead. And If I was once impressed with you, you must have not been talking about people and things you didn't know. Because you not very impressive on this thread.

If you did talk to Superflow you found out more and more of your assertions were wrong. And if you want to know the truth. (Somehow it seems that you won't accept it anyway, but I'll try nicely again.)

Facts that you are wrong about in this thread:

The fact of the # of people that work @GP Eng.

The fact of Kevin's Education,

The fact of his Saber Being one of the first,

The fact that the Saber has a Motec,

The fact that their Dyno is Superflow,

The fact that their Shop is inferior,

The fact that you have seen me impressed,

The fact that the GP lockout is more dangerous than the other leading designs.

The fact that I haven't tested and compared it to other brands.

The fact that GP is a manufacturing and engine building "Hack"

The fact that I would say anything on this thread for any other reason that to defend the truth about GP Eng.

I am tired of thinking about how nearly every post you add, you bring in more false data to try to substantiate that the limb you've put yourself on is solid. And your just wrong.

And to the rest of you good people that would want to welcome me to Banshee HQ, I must admit that this thread seems unwelcome. It also seems unprofitable for me to try to help on a forum, where the facts are rejected in favor of someone opinion-- that is wrong. No matter how much you guys have been impressed by this Firehead guy, he is leading you astray on this thread.

As far as safety, we have seen the leading other brands lockouts come apart during operation. And they have ruined many components. And whoever thinks that the danger and destruction of the GP lockout is more needs to recalculate. The force of each ball is substantially less that a DD lockout arm, and they are small and round. We have simulated the "Explosion" of a GP lockout and the balls did no significant damage to the cover or clutch components. Whereas we have several motors that have had many clutch components destroyed by traditional lockout failures (basket,primary gears,covers,waterpumps,even cranks). An engineer should understand why.

I have a quick question for you. Not being a smartass either. Are you really Nate McCoy or a wannabe?

Nate,

Please don't make the mistake in thinking that firehead represents all of us, for he doesn't.

That would be like saying one or two bad apples on PS represent you...(not saying firehead is a bad apple...I think you get the point, though...)

And I consider him a friend...and will continue to support him the best I can, as he has me.

We've bounced several ideas off each other in the past...and will continue to do so.

He is arrogant and cocky...but I'm pretty sure you know a few people like that as well, I don't feel the need to name names from here or PS.

I'm sure I come across as arrogant in some of my posts, but I've said it before, keyboards and screens don't portray wit, humor or attitude very well. Those that know me and have met me personally, talked on the phone...know I'm not that way at all.

I'm not going to pretend I have 1/10 the knowledge, actual or imagined, informed or misinformed as either of you two...

The fact of the matter is the two of you will not see eye to eye on this...no matter how much longer this thread goes on. That being said...as I've made the transformation to Joe Trail rider into more serious drag racing...I've been reading a lot more on PS, your posts...and input.

I"m pretty sure I've PM'd you a time or two for advice...and you were very helpful and responded very quickly.

I'm not saying either of you are right or wrong, I don't have a dog in this fight.

All I'm saying is...just because you and him don't see eye to eye on this, please don't short change the rest of the posters and readers by not offering advice and know how.

McCoy performance builds impressive motors. And you already know you have a good following...don't let a negative with one member on this board ruin it for the rest of us.

I assure you your knowledge and help is most welcome here.

:thumbsup:

I have a quick question for you. Not being a smartass either. Are you really Nate McCoy or a wannabe?

Post #45 said he is in fact Nate McCoy....

And being as his posts are well worded, thought out...using proper punctuation...tells me he is the "real McCoy"...

Sorry...had to, pardon the Pun.

Wannabes normally act like kids. Even though he's gone back and forth with firehead on verbal thrashings, his tone is still that of a professional.

If it's not Nate, he should hire this guy for his PR....

:yelrotflmao:

Yea I get what your saying. I hate it when people make names of business' and they have nothing to so with it. Nate, you might be getting a call from me pretty soon to build my motor. My cylinders need nikasiled and Im too busy to put it together. That is if you even do nikasiling. Let me know please. Thanks

Post #45 said he is in fact Nate McCoy....

And being as his posts are well worded, thought out...using proper punctuation...tells me he is the "real McCoy"...

Sorry...had to, pardon the Pun.

Wannabes normally act like kids. Even though he's gone back and forth with firehead on verbal thrashings, his tone is still that of a professional.

If it's not Nate, he should hire this guy for his PR....

:yelrotflmao:

I am pretty sure that is Nate.

........verbal thrashings. I like that, I may need to borrow that phrase from you. :biggrin:

Nate,

Please don't make the mistake in thinking that firehead represents all of us, for he doesn't.

That would be like saying one or two bad apples on PS represent you...(not saying firehead is a bad apple...I think you get the point, though...)

And I consider him a friend...and will continue to support him the best I can, as he has me.

We've bounced several ideas off each other in the past...and will continue to do so.

He is arrogant and cocky...but I'm pretty sure you know a few people like that as well, I don't feel the need to name names from here or PS.

I'm sure I come across as arrogant in some of my posts, but I've said it before, keyboards and screens don't portray wit, humor or attitude very well. Those that know me and have met me personally, talked on the phone...know I'm not that way at all.

I'm not going to pretend I have 1/10 the knowledge, actual or imagined, informed or misinformed as either of you two...

The fact of the matter is the two of you will not see eye to eye on this...no matter how much longer this thread goes on. That being said...as I've made the transformation to Joe Trail rider into more serious drag racing...I've been reading a lot more on PS, your posts...and input.

I"m pretty sure I've PM'd you a time or two for advice...and you were very helpful and responded very quickly.

I'm not saying either of you are right or wrong, I don't have a dog in this fight.

All I'm saying is...just because you and him don't see eye to eye on this, please don't short change the rest of the posters and readers by not offering advice and know how.

McCoy performance builds impressive motors. And you already know you have a good following...don't let a negative with one member on this board ruin it for the rest of us.

I assure you your knowledge and help is most welcome here.

:thumbsup:

As Dave said, with respect to BansheeHQ, I am my own asshole, and I represent no one else.

Nate would certainly be a great addition to the HQ, but after this thread, I really don't think much of him any more as a person, all business and technical issues aside. :confused: