lockout

lonestar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If something goes wrong, it looks like it will flings 100 ball bearings throughout your case...

Not that I usually look for the negative attributes but in this case:

That cover looks like it is 1/16" sheet metal!! Look how far away the cover bolts are from the outer edge!! I wonder what the weight of the 50 metal balls will be when spun to 9500 RPM and the cover peels back to release all that stored "energy"??

Might as well just pull the pin, toss it, and duck for cover.... :whistling:

Gives thought to another meaning for the term "shot peening"!!!

Jay From SanD

Edited by jayzx750

found a thread on PS about one of his bikes he's been workin on and a link to a vid of the dyno run.

http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthread...ge/3#Post212994

Dyno run

Yeah, I saw that before. Folks like that are one of the main reasons I don't hang out on PS much. Douche bags like that pass themselves off as engine builders and tuners. :shoothead:

that place looks like a joke but i did like there spike lugnuts :shrug: pretty cool looking.

Spike lug nuts are cool until you find a stud that is longer than thefemale thread in the lug nut. Then, you tighten said nut all the way. Thus, the nut does not apply force to the wheel, therefore wheel wiggles around and falls off. :ermm:

This is why closed top lug nuts are illegal in most forms of racing (except for maybe boats, I hear they don't have lug nut issues) :biggrin: .

Yeah, I saw that before. Folks like that are one of the main reasons I don't hang out on PS much. Douche bags like that pass themselves off as engine builders and tuners. :shoothead:

He sure liked to let the dyno drum coast the motor at high RPM with the throttle chopped... I was wondering what was up with the puff of smoke right before the vid ends...near the carbs :blink:

Another example of why i do my own work!!! If I could figure out an adaptor to reduce the output of my 'shee to 1 wheel, I'd be able to have unlimited dyno time use on my friends motorcycle shop dyno... :confused:

He sure liked to let the dyno drum coast the motor at high RPM with the throttle chopped... I was wondering what was up with the puff of smoke right before the vid ends...near the carbs :blink:

Another example of why i do my own work!!! If I could figure out an adaptor to reduce the output of my 'shee to 1 wheel, I'd be able to have unlimited dyno time use on my friends motorcycle shop dyno... :confused:

The dyno in the video is older than I am. It appears to be a mechanically instrumented friction brake dyno. :geek:

• 1 month later...

You are an idiot Firehead. That little Honda there has 170 hp and has been running for the 3 years I have known Kevin. Hehas been building circle track chassis and winning championships for the last 15 years. His dyno is a load cell superflow....Who else in the atv industry is using one of these. You have no idea what you are talking about. You may be a smart dude but your arrogance is getting out of hand. Where is a pic of your stuff or do you just run your mouth. Kevin is a professional, you are a keyboard jockey. Before you knock somebody design let see what you have to offer.

You are an idiot Firehead. That little Honda there has 170 hp and has been running for the 3 years I have known Kevin. Hehas been building circle track chassis and winning championships for the last 15 years. His dyno is a load cell superflow....Who else in the atv industry is using one of these. You have no idea what you are talking about. You may be a smart dude but your arrogance is getting out of hand. Where is a pic of your stuff or do you just run your mouth. Kevin is a professional, you are a keyboard jockey. Before you knock somebody design let see what you have to offer.

What the hell is a load cell dyno? I'm pretty sure you made that up. That dyno was not made by SuperFlow.

The guy in that video is not a professional. If the cylinder on that bike is what he claims it to be..........I don't believe it was out three years ago like you claim.

Sorry, to burst you bubble, but I am not a keyboard jockey, which why you don't see me posting pictures of my crap up all over the interenet. I have better things to do. Also, I am not in the ATV business and never have been, so there's really no benefit for me to try to creatively infalte my reputation on the internet. :ermm:

No carbs there, only a MOTEC controlled Gp Racing EFI system.

Motec is a brand name of aftermarket fuel injector controllers and data aquisition systems. GP Racing is not a model of one of their controllers though. Why do we not see a battery on that bike which would be necessary to run such an ECM and the HPP? Those claims smell like BS, but I 'll give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose. :ermm: