Virginia tech tregedy..

i stopped listening to any news reports about this. but i haven't heard anything about bomb threats at that time.

im not sure if thats legit or not. it seem that everything has bomb threats once the media cant get much more info on something... idk maybe they did but something tells me to throw a bullshit flag on that one.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i stopped listening to any news reports about this. but i haven't heard anything about bomb threats at that time.

im not sure if thats legit or not. it seem that everything has bomb threats once the media cant get much more info on something... idk maybe they did but something tells me to throw a bullshit flag on that one.

i just read all the reports, on msn.com and the cops got a warrent and went through his room and found and letter with a bomb threat in it, that kid was a sick fuck i just cant belive that guy was let out of the mental ward of that hospital. but no one can predict the future.. i just prey for the family's involed with this situation.

First off I want to say that the campus completely fucked up. The high school here for me when we have a snow day, or need to be alerted with something school wise, we get alerted by text message that the kids dont have school.

Why is something like this not in place to warn mass amounts of people in a few moments time. They could of announced the shooting as soon as it happened, that if you are in your dorm or residency to stay there until notice, or if you are in class, to stay there and your teacher will give you further instructions. Doors could easily get locked down and such. At least until the situation is completely figured out.

Within a half hour after the first shooting, they had the girls boyfriend for questioning, and he was only a suspect at best during that questioning, and the second shootings started during that questioning.

I DONT BLAME THE COPS OR ANYONE FOR THE LACK OF FINDING THE KILLER QUICKER, I BLAME THE UNIVERSITY (technological university) FOR NOT WARNING THE PEOPLE BETTER.

sure, it would create some panic if it indeed was just a single shooting, but your community that your trying to protect would be safe until the situation is figured out

First off I want to say that the campus completely fucked up. The high school here for me when we have a snow day, or need to be alerted with something school wise, we get alerted by text message that the kids dont have school.

If I remember correctly they said that they were in the process of implementing the text messaging alerts. Maybe they should have alerted everybody right away, but if the only thing that occured was the shooting and nothing else ever happened, I'm sure somebody would complain too that they locked down the campus for no reason. I guess its kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation to me. My .02

I can't believe they are airing this guys shit, who was that CBS who got the package? They should of just thrown it in the furnace, what the fuck are they thinking the prick is getting what he wanted. :mad:

BINGO! we just had this same conversation at work...

Yea this is BS, I don't understand why we Americans watch these news stations and give credit to what they are doing. :banghead:

WOW, he is getting what he wants. the local community collge just got a bomb threat here today, campus is closed for 3 days!! this is fucked up!! Some sick wacko is guna fukc the whole nation up, unbelieveable!!!!!

WOW, he is getting what he wants. the local community collge just got a bomb threat here today, campus is closed for 3 days!! this is fucked up!! Some sick wacko is guna fukc the whole nation up, unbelieveable!!!!!

it wont last long... it will become the boy who cried wolf and everyone will stop caring it will just take a few weeks..

i just dont see how the media is playing this fukin assholes shit over and over and over again.. instead they should not be glorifying his fukin ass.. instead play something to remeber those that are gone for ever. glorify thier lives not his ranting path of destruction.

it wont last long... it will become the boy who cried wolf and everyone will stop caring it will just take a few weeks..

i just dont see how the media is playing this fukin assholes shit over and over and over again.. instead they should not be glorifying his fukin ass.. instead play something to remeber those that are gone for ever. glorify thier lives not his ranting path of destruction.

COULDNT OF SAID IT BETTER MY FRIEND. I havent heard a thing about whats being done for the families, but this stupid korean fuck is getting plenty of attention. Lets put the focus on those who matter, GOD the media pisses me off!

the mass text message aleart thing is a good idea,but one minor flaw that nobody has mentioned.. they are on a school campus in class how many people turn phones off in class?? and how many people turn the phone off in the dorm or where ever that would not get the text untill it was too late? i think if you aregoing to impliment a system like that for a situation like this it needs to be more of a mass warning system..like an air raid siren type system that no matter where you are and what you are doing cell phone email tv radio what ever they do not always get out to everyone fast enough. not everyone is around those things at all times..something to alleart you no matter what or where you are is a damn great idea. but make sure there are no chances that you dont hear the warning..if you are sitting in class or a work meeting or something and you get a text message alleart on your phone you are probibly going to ignore it untill a time when you are free to check it. and by then it could be too late. but if there was a system in place that left the guess work out of it you will know about the warning as soon as the warning is sounded..

perfect example. everyone remember the wild fires that tore through san diego a few years back.. well thousands of homes burned and half the county. but get this. you know the annoying emergency broadcasting test thing that comes on the t.v once in a while that says this is only a test and if it were a real emergency instructions would follow.. that system is in place here in san diego...it was NOT used because the local authorities said it would cause panic.. why in the hell do they do weekly testing of these emergency allert systems if it comes time that its an emergency like we had here in the fires and people need to know to get the hell out and run from the fire. IF ITS NOT GOING TO BE USED IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION WHAT IS THE DAMN POINT OF HAVING IT???????? this goes right back to text allearts. not everyone who should know about the warning is going to get the message. we need to have a warning system in place that can be used to alleart everyone who needs to be warned at the exact same time and with a guarantee that it will reach everyone it needs to..

Amen.

the news sucks...................................................

local

national

worldwide

there is a friggin lunatic somewhere/everywhere

people in the middle-east blowin their own shit up in the name of alah!!!!!

(just so long as they take a few innocent people with em)

but lately you here a five minute speech and a death toll (of our troops)for the day.

f... cnn f... nbc f... cbs.

remeber the day when there were only 3-4 vhf channels and uhf the channels would go off the air.. national anthem..

this concludes our daily broadcast....

the test tone screen......

and then the tv people came on ....(static screen)

now days the news pops up everywhere...

your computer, your tv,some cellphones,signs on the interstate,radio..

one thing bad about information tech. is it speed up access to everything everywhere.

im done bitching

and my heart goes out to all that lost loved ones :sweat:

There have been complaints from victim's famalies because the news guys wont let them grieve in peace. Plus, the entire point of a school shooting is to get noticed, it is a huge (and evil) publicity stunt just to rebel against the system, and the news has made it a hundred times worse by giving this maniac all this attention. I agree with the previous posters in that we shouldn't put HIM in the spotlight, but i also think we should respect the victim's loss, and let them grieve for their loved ones in peace.

200 innocent civilians were killed in Baghdad today. 32 at VT. When tragedy shows it's face here at home, numbers become more than numbers, and we see how cruel a place the world can be. 200 in Iraq, 32 in VT, i mourn them all.