Problem with 1.5qts of oil during change?

I got the info from the Yamaha Manual that is in PDF on this Forum...chapter 2, page 9, or also listed as 2-9.

I think that the dipstick reading takes priority or is considered the primary method of measurement while the volumetric measurement is considered a secondary method of measurement.

The short version is that you first, warm up your engine, remove, wipe and just drop your dipstick into the hole, do not screw it in, pull it out and read it.

Kewl, Jay. :cool:

Edited by jayzx750

I got the info from the Yamaha Manual that is in PDF on this Forum...chapter 2, page 9, or also listed as 2-9.

I think that the dipstick reading takes priority or is considered the primary method of measurement while the volumetric measurement is considered a secondary method of measurement.

The short version is that you first, warm up your engine, remove, wipe and just drop your dipstick into the hole, do not screw it in, pull it out and read it.

Kewl, Jay. :cool:

i just went out and topped it up and i seen on the bottom that it said fill it up in between 2 (maxlevel) and 3 (minlevel) on the dipstick (picture n the manual)

i had the same problem with it not getting any oil when you put it in after warm up (not screwed in) i found out you have to let it sit for a good amount of time, all i had to add was about 200ml for it to be in between at the right level so im all good now

my next oil change im going to do it perfect, i got a messuring cup and ill do it right and post it up if you all are intersented

thanks for posting this because i was a little low on oil

you can't always go by putting in an exact amount that's been measured out. there's no guarantee of what you get out if it when draining. in all of my vehicles, i usually put in roughly 1/2 qt less than what it calls for, then run it, let it cool for a few minutes then check and add as needed.

Here is the solution and its the way I read mine! Fill the fluids to their proper level (run the bike) then recheck. Let the bike cool (come back the next day to be sure). Once cold measure again with the dipstick all the way screwed in and mark the stick. now before you start it unscrew the stick check add if necessary and go. TOO EASY!

ALWAYS CHECK THE FLUIDS COLD! Why runn the bike warm with no lubercation? Pow, there goes the crank berings.

Dante

Here is the solution and its the way I read mine! Fill the fluids to their proper level (run the bike) then recheck. Let the bike cool (come back the next day to be sure). Once cold measure again with the dipstick all the way screwed in and mark the stick. now before you start it unscrew the stick check add if necessary and go. TOO EASY!

ALWAYS CHECK THE FLUIDS COLD! Why runn the bike warm with no lubercation? Pow, there goes the crank berings.

Dante

If you got tranny fluid lubricating your crank bearings, you have bigger problems anyways....the oil/gas premix lubes the crank bearings, Dante.

No one said drain the oil then start it up. 1.5 quarts after a drain will not damage anything.

Fluid expands when heated, and the manufacturer states check when warm, and do NOT thread the dipstick in to check....

We don't need to reinvent the wheel...just follow the instructions.