FMF gold series FMF FATTYS

My buddys pipes say FATTYS on them Mine say FMF and then say gold series in cursive writing but the dont say fatty on them. Are they just an older model Fatty or were the old FMF gold series a totally different pipe? Is the performance the same?

They are both fatty pipes. maybe your buddies are an older version.

Anyone else wanna chime in? Do the newer ones say FMF fatty on them or do they just say FMF gold series

the newer ones have an oval logo, above the oval it says gold series, in the middle fmf so cal, and under fatty.

Thats what I was looking for thanks. The ones I picked up just say FMF without the oval logo and they say gold series in cursive writing along with a signature of someone (probly whoever made them at the time) They say FMF on the back side also(of each pipe) and look as if they were pieced together. Kinda cool and vintage looking. they were in awsome shape. Do these pipes have the same power gains as the new fattys?

Thats what I was looking for thanks. The ones I picked up just say FMF without the oval logo and they say gold series in cursive writing along with a signature of someone (probly whoever made them at the time) They say FMF on the back side also(of each pipe) and look as if they were pieced together. Kinda cool and vintage looking. they were in awsome shape. Do these pipes have the same power gains as the new fattys?

That eye dew knot no.

Yep they look exactly like those. I was told they are similar to the fatty. How do yours perform? Have you run anyone with fattys ? How did you do?

I'm the second owner of this quad. My friend bought it new and within a couple of years put these pipes on it with stock mufflers. I got it in the early '90s after he got tired of new top ends every time out. A broken water pump impeller will do that. Anyway, I put some FMF spark arrestor/mufflers on it, some 300 mains and have been duning it ever since. Haven't been beaten by a stock or piped 450 anything. It runs great, seems to pull from very low rpms and revs as far as I dare. It keeps up with most of the mild looking 'shees. I get beat by the good ones though. I'll shift it into 5th right near the top of Olds.

maybe you could measure around the biggest part of the expansion chamber to compare. i have some fmf gold series too so i'm curious also. mine look similar but i'm not sure if they're quite that fat. it sounds like you're happy with the power though. mine seem to run good.