2003 BANSHEE ONLY FIRING ON TONE CYLINDER?

NE-Shee

I have a 2003 banshee with all bolt on mods, T5, trinity head, boost bottle, V-force 2 reeds, timming plate + 5, impeller, tors removed, K&N. Ok here is the deal this banshee has ran great from the day i bought it new and started putting on the bolt ons. I cleaned the carbs last week before going on a trip and it started loading up, would not idle, but ran ok when riding it. After the first day of riding the left side seemed like it was not firing and had minumal pressure out the exhaust and some raw fuel? It would start up no problem but it would not firng on the one side. Spark seemed ok, took the carbs off three other times and made sure they were clean, all seemed ok. Made sure the carbs were insink and at this point i need help.. :mad: :mad: Any help or advice would be great... :biggrin:

Thanks

Couple things to check, one is swap plug wires side to side. That eliminates a bad cap, or wire. Next, check the reeds. Make sure they are closing. And also check to be sure you have the carb slides in the proper carb. It is possible to put them in backwards. The angled cutaway on the slide needs to face the air cleaner/airbox. Also make sure you have the choke crossover tube in place.

Couple things to check, one is swap plug wires side to side. That eliminates a bad cap, or wire. Next, check the reeds. Make sure they are closing. And also check to be sure you have the carb slides in the proper carb. It is possible to put them in backwards. The angled cutaway on the slide needs to face the air cleaner/airbox. Also make sure you have the choke crossover tube in place.

[/quo

I have done all of that and no improvement... thanks

One thing i forgot to mention and i dont even know if it is out of one of the carbs but i found a washer close by were i cleaned them the first time. It is not the one that goes under the jet, them are both inplace. The size of this washer would be about the size of the choke that screws in the side of the left carb??

How do i check that? What is a leak down test?

Just had the same prob on my 4 mil cub and was my reeds one of the pedals was open pull off and hold up to the light make sure there is no light coming threw also check wires on the coil to make sure they aren't lose.You could have messed with your main or it vibrated and is blowing fuel the wrong way. hope you firgure it out.

try this...... run the fuel lines with equal length since the stock route is way short on the right carb and the other is traveling sideways plus banshee's dont like to run on 1/4 a tank so top it off. I route mine around the left side of the left carb and zip tied it to the carb cap retainer so it doesnt touch the exhaust and route an equal length line to the other and make the T fitting as level as you can so it flows evenly. i had the same problem with mine and this fixed it... also check if the petcock is pluged or the lines are pluged.. :beer: good luck

try this...... run the fuel lines with equal length since the stock route is way short on the right carb and the other is traveling sideways plus banshee's dont like to run on 1/4 a tank so top it off. I route mine around the left side of the left carb and zip tied it to the carb cap retainer so it doesnt touch the exhaust and route an equal length line to the other and make the T fitting as level as you can so it flows evenly. i had the same problem with mine and this fixed it... also check if the petcock is pluged or the lines are pluged.. :beer: good luck

ive had same probs time and time again mine was always seemed to be trsh in carbs or the rings are shot having dual carbs are a pain and a bi*#h to find the prob

• 2 weeks later...

Check to make sure your silencer isnt plugged!!!Mine did and it wouldnt get out of its own way-cleaned the clog and hold ur ass boy.If you got compression,you're getting fuel and you got spark-that doesnt leave you too many more places to look than the exhaust restricted in some way.