18CC COOL HEAD DOMES TO 22CC

took apart motor because i blew both pistons, and noticed that the cool heads domes had an imprint of 18cc is this a high compression dome,? and what is the difference between 18cc and 22cc cool head domes,

keep in mine bike was purchased like this never open block before/

omg did you run race fuel. if not thats the reason you blew it up. you compresstion depending on your elevation would be 190 to 160 psi if closer the sea level the highter the compression is. stock done is 22 cc i think if you use them you will be able to run pump gas but you will lose some low end.

omg did you run race fuel. if not thats the reason you blew it up. you compresstion depending on your elevation would be 190 to 160 psi if closer the sea level the highter the compression is. stock done is 22 cc i think if you use them you will be able to run pump gas but you will lose some low end.

damn thats wat happen then, cause the gas that the bike came with ran out so i put premium with 4 bounces of caster 927, i live in florida so your saying i need to run race fuel

i thought u could run 20cc domes on 93 octane.....? :ermm:

I got a NOSS head and i was planning to go 20cc on the domes and advance my timing by 4* after my aggresive port job is done.

depends on your elevation I guess. Where Im at I cant go over 21cc with 93. At 3000ft maybe 20 or 19 would be ok.

• 5 months later...

i know this is an old post so sorry, but i figured it was better than starting a new one. anyways....can i do 21 or 20cc cool head without doing a port job. my banshee will have t5 pipe set, carbon fiber reeds, dynojet jet kit, k&n filter w/o lid just to get an idea of were i am at. Avg temp 65-75 at around 500ft above sea level. thanks

i know this is an old post so sorry, but i figured it was better than starting a new one. anyways....can i do 21 or 20cc cool head without doing a port job. my banshee will have t5 pipe set, carbon fiber reeds, dynojet jet kit, k&n filter w/o lid just to get an idea of were i am at. Avg temp 65-75 at around 500ft above sea level. thanks

If you want to be on the safe side do the 21cc domes. If you can get 93 octane at the pump, you keep your timing stock, no advance then you could probably do the 20cc domes. You definitely dont want to be too lean on your jetting or that will cause detonation too. I destroyed a motor one time because I could use 100 octane near home at 500ft elev and above but I went to the Oregon doons, sea level, in cold air and tried my needle at a leaner setting. I knew it was running lean at part throttle and was going to change it back to the previous setting but my pistons were already toast after running like that for 1 hour.

took apart motor because i blew both pistons, and noticed that the cool heads domes had an imprint of 18cc is this a high compression dome,? and what is the difference between 18cc and 22cc cool head domes,

keep in mine bike was purchased like this never open block before/

what elevation are you at?

If you want to be on the safe side do the 21cc domes. If you can get 93 octane at the pump, you keep your timing stock, no advance then you could probably do the 20cc domes. You definitely dont want to be too lean on your jetting or that will cause detonation too. I destroyed a motor one time because I could use 100 octane near home at 500ft elev and above but I went to the Oregon doons, sea level, in cold air and tried my needle at a leaner setting. I knew it was running lean at part throttle and was going to change it back to the previous setting but my pistons were already toast after running like that for 1 hour.

i have an adjustable timing plate i want to instal so does that mean i should def. just do the 21cc and like a few degress advanced timing? I can 93 pump no problem just not higher