please help my banshee

i bought a 2001 form a person about 2 months ago. i only paid $500.00 for it. it had a broke piston. i had the cyl. bored .20 over, we jetted it with new needles, 300 mains and i believe 30 pilots. ran like a champ. then i added reeds and reed cages with clamp on K&N's , ran even better. then i put FMF Fatty's on with power core 2's. never even got to ride it. the left side won't idle . i can turn the screw on top of the carb and it will idle but it really high. if i give it gas the left cyl. will run perfect. i took the plug out and it is wet. i have switched the plugs wire -put the right on the left and the left on the right . still does it. so it doesn't seem electrical. checked compression, it's good, have re-torqued all of the top end bolts and sprayed carb cleaner around the intake to check for a leak. my guess is the jetting . i talked to the local yamaha dealer and he told me to take the left pipe off and look to see if it is seized or if there are wear marks. i wouldn't have compression if it were seized would i. the top end has at max 7 hour on it . thank you for any help.

i bought a 2001 form a person about 2 months ago. i only paid $500.00 for it. it had a broke piston. i had the cyl. bored .20 over, we jetted it with new needles, 300 mains and i believe 30 pilots. ran like a champ. then i added reeds and reed cages with clamp on K&N's , ran even better. then i put FMF Fatty's on with power core 2's. never even got to ride it. the left side won't idle . i can turn the screw on top of the carb and it will idle but it really high. if i give it gas the left cyl. will run perfect. i took the plug out and it is wet. i have switched the plugs wire -put the right on the left and the left on the right . still does it. so it doesn't seem electrical. checked compression, it's good, have re-torqued all of the top end bolts and sprayed carb cleaner around the intake to check for a leak. my guess is the jetting . i talked to the local yamaha dealer and he told me to take the left pipe off and look to see if it is seized or if there are wear marks. i wouldn't have compression if it were seized would i. the top end has at max 7 hour on it . thank you for any help.

pull the carb to the side that wont idle and check the pilot jet. It may be clogged. Also remove the air srew all the way and dont lose the spring. Blow that out the replace the screw. When done try adjusting the air screw out more or in more till you get the highest idle. Count the yurns out it is. If it is less than one you need a bigger pilot. If it is more than 2 you need a smaller pilot. Good luck.

if its partialy seized from being lean, it could have good comp. reading ...prob. not the prob. just FYI.

yep they are still the stock carbs. with tors.

I have had similar problems with stock carbs, check if carbs are in sync.I would start by zeroing both carb tops to bottom, then bring both idle screws down till slides dont move. do this with filter off and light in air box.Then check slide movement with slow throttle play. If one side moves first adjust tops to make even.Start bike holding 1/8 throttle and slowely bring up each idle till cylinders hit right.

I have had similar problems with stock carbs, check if carbs are in sync.I would start by zeroing both carb tops to bottom, then bring both idle screws down till slides dont move. do this with filter off and light in air box.Then check slide movement with slow throttle play. If one side moves first adjust tops to make even.Start bike holding 1/8 throttle and slowely bring up each idle till cylinders hit right.

i've tried it. still does it. took the carbs apart agian , cleaned them again. could it be the ignition or the cdi box? if i can't get it figured out i may go ahead and pay the local yamaha dealer to fix it. i don't want to take it there, they are $60.00a hour , but if it gets it running right . it's just very frustrating. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

i went ahaead and pulled the left pipe to check for any damage. none. double checked all electrical conn. , nothing . i'm going to order the T.O.R.S. elemination kit. get rid of the electrical stuff that isn't needed. if that doesn't work, i'm going to order a new ignition (nology) and cdi box , after that, a anew stator. then almost everything will be replaced. if that don't work it's going up for sale cheap!!!!