Closing the Dunes!

I signed up on this link through YFZTech website. It is a petition to keep the dunes open in Pismo. This is how they start, next thing you know they are coming for Glamis again!

hope it works for you guys

http://www.petitiononline.com/boxer/petition.html

I signed up on this link through YFZTech website. It is a petition to keep the dunes open in Pismo. This is how they start, next thing you know they are coming for Glamis again!

hope it works for you guys

http://www.petitiononline.com/boxer/petition.html

what do you mean comming for glamis again? they have never stopped trying to close it off. i have been riding glamis and gordons well my entire life (mom and dad have been going out there since they were in highschool) and back in the day it was free to camp and you could ride the entire stretch of dunes from innerstate 8 to north of 78 or 79 what ever highway it is that runs through glamis.then all the sudden it was $10 for a 7 day camping pass now its up to $25 for a 7 day pass and these tree hugger bastards are closing the dunes because of some dam weed that grows out there??? there has been several court battles over it and the tree huger fags turned insufficiant evidance to prove their case and the dune closure was to be lifted. that was back in late 90's early 00's and not 1 inch of dunes have been re opened..now if you look at a good map of the imperial sand dune area you will notice that the east side of the dunes there is a closed area that is a dedicated tortus habitat. i got no problem with that. how ever if you look close you will notice that it is inside of a millitary bombing area. so we cant go in to check out the desert tortus's that live there because we might hurt one ,but the us government can drop live bombs on them?? so the way i see it is here we are stuck riding smaller areas because of a damn weed that grows in the sand, but the government can bomb an area dedicated to a habitat to protect an endangered species??? the ASA AMA ATVA and many other offraod groups have spent several hundred thousand dollars trying to get these closed areas re opened and there is now rumor that even more of the southern california desert is under attack, superstition and occotillo wells are now on the firing line aswell. the us government wants to close off a giant section of the area to do geo thermol testing. so this is not the first time or the last time we are going to be seeing posts like this about lets fight to keep the desert open. as long as there is money to be made there will be threats of closing the desert. you figure how much it costs to file the court papers to fight it and how much the us government makes off those cases, there is no way in hell they will ever stop trying to take our riding areas away from us as long as they make money onb us fighting them on the issue, but the second we stop spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to fight it we have lost and the desert will be a tree huggers paradice

I know your pain.

I was just posting some info on how to contribute to the fight with 10 seconds of your life.

Glamis will always be under attack. I just figure if they get small victories along the way it will eventually become easier.

Thats all.

Did you sign?

Got my Sig. bro.

I can't stand it when they try to shut down riding areas for retarted fucking reasons like some plant. What the hell is the plant doing any good? I doubt the shit is going to become extinct because people ride the dunes there. :rolleyes: :shoothead:

How long has this petition been up? I signed it a hella long time ago. I'm number 17867. Has this petition been sent to any goverment official yet?

DAMN TREE HUGGERS!! :verymad:

Tell me about it.

My family is signed up as well.

Good effort for those who have signed, especially becuase its something that we can all do from our homes for free!