WTF How Is A 413cc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Yamaha...1QQcmdZViewItem somebody tell me how the fuck this is a 413 maybe I missed something,it must be that boost bottle,and with t-5s?

I can't really see how it would wind up being 413cc in displacement without have custom pistons made.

On a less serious note, maybe he is adding the volume of the boost bottle to engine displacement. :confused:

I know it's early, and I drank my share of beer last night watching UFC....but WTF does this mean?

carbs were sent to granger to horn racing engines for setup,

2 degree key? I know they made 'em in 4 and 7...but 2???

Yeah, this is way too serious a race machine for me, beginners need not apply...

if it has a 69.75mm bore and a 54 mm stroke then it would be a 413 cc. it says it has a spacer plate so maybe its a 67.25 bore and 58 mm stroke .theres so many possible combo's out there that you can't really call bullshit on the displacement. also since nobody really knows the bike or the owner you can't really call it bullshit. :thumbsup:

Edited by blueshee03

if it has a 69.75mm bore and a 54 mm stroke then it would be a 413 cc. it says it has a spacer plate so maybe its a 67.25 bore and 58 mm stroke .theres so many possible combo's out there that you can't really call bullshit on the displacement. also since nobody really knows the bike or the owner you can't really call it bullshit. :thumbsup:

BS

You're right, that none of us on here, so far, know the owner or the bike and it probably be incorrect to give it the 'ol BS certification without that knowledge. However, like you demonstrated, there are only a couple ways to arrive at the displacement of 413cc. Common sense and a bit if industry knowledge will then give you the following: no one is making custom pistons and rings to the dimension needed to get to 413cc. Additionally, if you were to have a crankshaft made to the dimensions required to get to 413cc, it would probably cost more than the bike is worth. In either case, you wind up needing a fracional bore, stroke, or both to get to 413cc.

Past all that, I really don't care as I certainly will not be bidding on it. :thumbsup:

ok, so i am new to the who;e banshee thing and really guess i shouldnt be raggin on anyone yet.....

BUT......

What woold you use a 413cc banshee for? certainly not just puttin around in the snow....would ya? Wouldnt you think that a bike with ALL THAT work (as you guys have described above) be a dune bike or something? and IF it was a dune bike....with all that work.......wouldnt you think he'd have an extended swingarm? I'm not tryin to be an ass......just curious...

ok, so i am new to the who;e banshee thing and really guess i shouldnt be raggin on anyone yet.....

BUT......

What woold you use a 413cc banshee for? certainly not just puttin around in the snow....would ya? Wouldnt you think that a bike with ALL THAT work (as you guys have described above) be a dune bike or something? and IF it was a dune bike....with all that work.......wouldnt you think he'd have an extended swingarm? I'm not tryin to be an ass......just curious...

I don't think it really a question of what you would use a 413cc motor for. It's a question of hoy you arrive at that displacement. I think you can use 400-500cc motor for whatever you want within reason. It's when you get closer 600+cc when you start getting application specific. I know a guy that races MX up in WA with one of my old 535cc motors (he's sort of a retard that I sold a motor that I got bored with to). No matter what engine is in my bike I will never run more than a +4 swing arm, but I am not hill climbing or drag racing. My triple in an aftermarket chassis is open for debate as to what sort of swingarm I am going to use. I may need some help figuring that out from folks with experience with aftermarket hill shooting chassis. :thumbsup:

i asked him how did he get 413cc and you guys wont belive his answer. but i will tell you anyways.

Item: 2001 Yamaha Banshee" RACE READY",413cc..LQQK (230094260780)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

theprizeisrite is the seller.

i got a bigger rubber band,the small one's just dont have enough tork. :shoothead: :banghead: :rolleyes:

i asked him how did he get 413cc and you guys wont belive his answer. but i will tell you anyways.

i got a bigger rubber band,the small one's just dont have enough tork. :shoothead: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Are you serious man?? This jokester actually said that shit!! No way! hahahaha :shoothead: :yelrotflmao:

maybe the guy does get on hq and has been reading the slamming hes been recieving, :yelrotflmao: