Hiper Wheels

LiftdT4R

Hey, what's up? I finally gave in and bought s set of Hiper Single Beadlock wheels. My buddy had them on his YFZ, and ran them for a season, and then sold them to me. I got away for $700 for 2- 20-11-9 rears and 2 -22-7-10 Holeshot HDs mounted on the Hipers. Just wanted to know though,

Is there anything I should watch out for on the Hipers? Any cons?

Also, how easy is it to mount your own tires on them. He said they were a modular design, so you can actually take the wheel apart. Is this a bitch to do? Also, does anone know the torque specs when I put them back together?

I have never owned or used a beadlock wheel before, and to be honest, I don't need it, I've never popped a bead until a few months ago, and that was just stupid. I really liked the Hipers because you can change the tires yourself without a machine or a backbreaker. Also, I like the look a lot, they won't rust or pit, and they shouldnt bend as easy either. I went through a lot of front rims with the trails I do.

Any input would be helpful, I'm just trying to guage how useful these are gonna be. I don't race by the way, just trail ride, and playin' around. Thanks :beer:

seems like alot to spend just on wheels. you could by and nice front end or nice motor mods for 700

Hehe, thanks, it is, I have a front end, and motor mods though. And to be honest $700 doesn't seem bad for a full set of wheels and tires. I was at $580 when I priced out a full set of Razr2s on .190 ITP Wheels.

I think they're badass, I almost bought a set for my honda but went with baja's instead and bent one on the first ride. :shoothead: They can break, but it takes alot of force (way more than aluminum). I want some for my banshee. :thumbsup:

Damn, the ITP Bajas were the first wheel I looked at. I like the look of them a lot, but Hipers with Holeshot HDs for $700, I couldnt pass that up, it's only $100 more then the Bajas would have been. I might buy the mud plugs for them too, keep 'em clean.

Anybody use Hipers for some general trail riding? I'm still wondering how hard/easy it is to change tires on them. It looks like you'd still have to break a bead after you got the rings off to get the whole tire off.

i just got my set of Hiper's and i love them, the best being is that it isn't a real pain in the ass to change tires!

DAMN! Those look awesome on your bike! How do you got about changing the tires on them, just unscrew the rings, but it still seems like youd have to pop 1 bead, and the front ones look tough because they only have a single beadlock.

ive got hipers on my 450. theyve been thru tons of abuse. i like them a lot... i think they were worth every penny..

Cool, good to hear, I plan to keep them for a long long time.

Do you still have a shee? I know you parted out most of that one in your sig a while back.

Damn good price! I think you can put the tires on pretty easy. Ive never dealt with beadlocks never had the $$$ I just use Codys tire changing machine for mine. Now that you have beadlocks you can run those wal mart balls too :thumbsup: Thats awsome. Them Hipers stand up to a beating man. Whenever I get the cream Im buying a set for the rear. I have a pretty good idea on what Im going to do for suspension this season but my resale is gonna blow because of the weight I need them valved for.

Hey, what's up? I finally gave in and bought s set of Hiper Single Beadlock wheels. My buddy had them on his YFZ, and ran them for a season, and then sold them to me. I got away for $700 for 2- 20-11-9 rears and 2 -22-7-10 Holeshot HDs mounted on the Hipers. Just wanted to know though,

Is there anything I should watch out for on the Hipers? Any cons?

Also, how easy is it to mount your own tires on them. He said they were a modular design, so you can actually take the wheel apart. Is this a bitch to do? Also, does anone know the torque specs when I put them back together?

I have never owned or used a beadlock wheel before, and to be honest, I don't need it, I've never popped a bead until a few months ago, and that was just stupid. I really liked the Hipers because you can change the tires yourself without a machine or a backbreaker. Also, I like the look a lot, they won't rust or pit, and they shouldnt bend as easy either. I went through a lot of front rims with the trails I do.

Any input would be helpful, I'm just trying to guage how useful these are gonna be. I don't race by the way, just trail ride, and playin' around. Thanks :beer:

I had a set on one of my drag bikes and I beat the hell out of them and never had any problems

Cool, thanks for the replies, all good info. I might give those wal mart balls a shot in these guys. They arent on my bike yet, they are for the 2001 that I have all in pieces, hopefully I'll get some time to get the frame done over spring break, and then I can start putting it back together. I bought soooo much shit for it, that's just sitting here. Lonestar Swinger, Lonestar Hubs, Lonestar Arms, Elkas, Eibach Rear, PT MIds, Boysen Reeds, you name it, it's killin me just looking at all of it, and not ebing able to use it.