cyclinder polishing

pokeatyou2

i have just got the paint taken of my cylinders and was wanting to polish them but was wondering what u guys use to smooth them out first to get the ruffness out of them i was thinking a little flapper sanding wheel on my dremel help please

I had to flat burr type bits that came with my dremel, and i used those the rought cut the shit out of the cyl. then i took diff size sanding wheels and cleaned it up, then lots and lots of time with sandpaper, water and beer, But mine came out good, really cleaned up the bike.

wade

You can search my threads for "The polishing guide". I don't recommend polishing any other way. Yes there is a lot of ways to skin a cat and I've done most of them but I promise if you do a set of juggs with a dremmel, you'll never do another set that way.

It takes money, as with anything, to do the job correctly. You can spend 20+ hours polishing juggs or you can do them in less than half that time and they will look better when done with the right equipment. :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...
Man that is a kickass job. What are you useing to do them with? Did you sand blast them before or use some aircraft stripper?

i got them acid dipped before i got them bored once to get rid of the paint, then i did a lot of sanding and a lot of polish with calico wheels and compound