Windows Vista

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using "longhorn" , but it crashed so much I gave up after a week, but this version is very stable - suprisingly. Also, if you do get it, make sure you get ultimate, the price is outrageous although - but everyhting comes with it, well worth it, im loving the texas hold-em lmao

:biggrin:

my dad was a beta tester for it and I played on it a few times and didn't care much for it. I'll give it a few months for all the updates to come out and let them fix everything people find wrong with it.

- Jared

It's funny you mentioned that because a friend of mine that tried it out when it first came out, hated it. But now that it's released, support and compatibility is increasing and he was telling me it's getting better. We were talking about it today at work. I'm going to do the same as you, let it come out and be out for a while, and once the bugs are gone I'll throw it on one of the laptops and see what it's about.

and before anyone says how they stole ideas from apple, let me say that statement is false. Microsoft stole ideas from the same people mac stole them from/paid off, and vice versa.

Linux and Open Source environments.

Besides, even though this kid looks like a baked super geek, he pinpoints the argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3VB1VPm4c

it doesn't shame on either companies but moreover just sets the record straight.

Personally I have no use for windows period. If I did still use xp, I wouldn't bother to upgrade to vista. There are no real enhancements, its slower than XP, and it costs a fortune.

Oh and as far as your fancy 3d desktop, its cool, but can you do this:

screenshot22cr.th.jpg

Linux has had 3d desktops for a while now.

But, if you like, and your happy, Im happy for you. Have fun with your toy! :thumbsup:

I have linux, xp and vista on the same comp, love linux = no support (But awesome) XP is just old school. Macs have never been in my eyes. Vista has supported all my hardware and software so far. CSS works flawlessly on it also and about it being slow, not so i only have 1 gb of ram and it runs awesome, just wish i could have gotten 64 bit, but i couldnt find it anywhere online :biggrin:

Linux is an open source OS, meaning everyone puts in their .02 thats why it has all its cool looking features, microsoft finally saw that linux has come up with some good ideas, so they jumped on it - as anyone would have.

I have linux, xp and vista on the same comp, love linux = no support (But awesome) XP is just old school. Macs have never been in my eyes. Vista has supported all my hardware and software so far. CSS works flawlessly on it also and about it being slow, not so i only have 1 gb of ram and it runs awesome, just wish i could have gotten 64 bit, but i couldnt find it anywhere online :biggrin:

Linux is an open source OS, meaning everyone puts in their .02 thats why it has all its cool looking features, microsoft finally saw that linux has come up with some good ideas, so they jumped on it - as anyone would have.

I'm running ultimate myself, any idea how you got the windwos to go sideways? I have a 512mb radeon x1600 card so I'm sure I have the video power. Had a gig of ram but just burnt up one of the chips by not fully pushing it in on a mobo/cpu swap.

Oh and yeah its already been cracked.