A-Arm widening kits

Bairdy13

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just thought I'd see what other people thought as it would be better then spacers (I dont like the idea of spacers) as you would elliminate the extra leverage. Also in this set up the weekest point would be the bolts! I'n saying this I think I will buy the +2"+1" a arm. I know I have read this some where but can u tell me how +1" helps? also whats the go with smaller swing arms?

Cheers guys

Yeah I just thought I'd see what other people thought as it would be better then spacers (I dont like the idea of spacers) as you would elliminate the extra leverage. Also in this set up the weekest point would be the bolts! I'n saying this I think I will buy the +2"+1" a arm. I know I have read this some where but can u tell me how +1" helps? also whats the go with smaller swing arms?

Cheers guys

The +1 forward makes the bike handle really really good. It takes the weight off of the front end making the bike really easy to turn. It also shifts the weigth of the motor to the back of the bike. You won't believe it is the same bike with some +2+1 a-arms.

The shorter swingarm shifts the bikes weight to the rear as well. This gives you better handling an A LOT more traction.

Combine the 2 and you will have a really really good handling banshee.

• 1 month later...

I have one of the banshee kits, and I love it. (they do make them, just dont sell many because some people arent smart enough to install them) For the money I saved over aftermarket a arms, Im using to buy other goodies. They are safe, well built, and DO NOT increase bump steer ten fold like some "Ive tried it all, I know everything" previous poster stated. I was looking at other kits, like the Ishock kits with shocks and everything, but extending the a arms out, Im going to stick with my stocker shocks still up front because the entire machine feels totally different now. I dont know what it was, but the shee rides so much nicer now.

It bolted right up, just had to notch the plastic in one small spot where the shock mounts are at. They dont have instructions posted online for the banshee, so it took me a little while to get it figured out correctly. Out of a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being the hardest, Id give this a steady 7, because of the tight fits.

And the person who was worried about all the stress being on the bolts. All this kit does, is increase the number of bolts you have in the front end. Its just as strong as any regular A arm setup out there, just with 1/4 of the price tag. Im not even worried about hitting big jumps with this kit. The only way something is going to get tore up, is hitting a tree, but thats going to break anything you put on.

Anyone else that has not tried, better yet even seen one of these kits wanna ask any questions Ill be happy to give you an experienced answer (instead of making stuff up to make myself feel better about spending $1200 on a "pro" setup)

If anyone buys one and needs help or assistance installing, Ill be glad to help.

Edited by CHAINSAW

I have one of the banshee kits, and I love it. (they do make them, just dont sell many because some people arent smart enough to install them) For the money I saved over aftermarket a arms, Im using to buy other goodies. They are safe, well built, and DO NOT increase bump steer ten fold like some "Ive tried it all, I know everything" previous poster stated. I was looking at other kits, like the Ishock kits with shocks and everything, but extending the a arms out, Im going to stick with my stocker shocks still up front because the entire machine feels totally different now. I dont know what it was, but the shee rides so much nicer now.

It bolted right up, just had to notch the plastic in one small spot where the shock mounts are at. They dont have instructions posted online for the banshee, so it took me a little while to get it figured out correctly. Out of a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being the hardest, Id give this a steady 7, because of the tight fits.

And the person who was worried about all the stress being on the bolts. All this kit does, is increase the number of bolts you have in the front end. Its just as strong as any regular A arm setup out there, just with 1/4 of the price tag. Im not even worried about hitting big jumps with this kit. The only way something is going to get tore up, is hitting a tree, but thats going to break anything you put on.

Anyone else that has not tried, better yet even seen one of these kits wanna ask any questions Ill be happy to give you an experienced answer (instead of making stuff up to make myself feel better about spending $1200 on a "pro" setup)

If anyone buys one and needs help or assistance installing, Ill be glad to help.

LOL are you serious? :ermm: I had to laugh at the fact that you even gave something like that a 7 out of 10 on difficulty to install. If it's that hard to put those peices of shit on then they're horribly made ontop of being a stupid idea throwing off the geometry of the bike.

I dont like the idea of any type of "spacer" it is the cheap dangerous way to get a wider quad. If your going to do it, do it right. You can get brand new +2+1 arms for under 300 bucks. All your getting out of this kit is width. No travel increase, no stability increase, no more balance. I can only picture a person that never lets there tires leave the ground using this kit. Ive never used one, or seen one, but it seems flimsy to me. Not to mention the arms and shocks arnt designed for spacers.

:unsure: Hey guys, What does everyone think of the A-arm widening kits? Are they any good? here is a link to one sit that makes them though not for the banshee just yet.

http://www.diamondjcustoms.com :unsure:

Those things are a lawsuit waiting to happen. They are very clearly under engineered with regard to strength in several areas (I don't care what material they are made out of). Thee kit also will give you terrible suspension geometry in several areas, the worst of which is bump steer. The only people that are less intelligent than the person selling that kit are the people buying that kit. :shoothead:

As I am sure it will some up, I am not saying any of this to make myself feel better about my "pro" setup as I don't have one. What I do have is a tiny bit of engineering experience and atleast one functioning brain cell.

Well i have seen them break before and its not good, i wouldnt waiste my money on that shit in a million years, if you want cheap extension for the a-arms just buy some yfz arms for like $50 or less on ebay...

Ben

This is absolutely the only case where wheel spacers are better than something. :thumbsup:

Keep on trying to convience your self boys.. but I was ready to spend upwards of 1000 on a arms and aftermarket shocks just like most of you allready have. After installing just these, I dont even have a second thought of buying aftermarket shocks.

As for the difficulty, the biggest part of it was lack of instructions for installing on a banshee. Mainly the upper shock mounts, trying to figure out which went where, and right side up or upside down. All you get in the package, was parts and stickers. And trust me, Im mechanically inclinded enough to figure easy stuff out.

As for your bump steer argument... as Ive always said in the past with you "internet gurus", dont say a word until you have tried them yourselves. I have less bumpsteer now, then I did when it was with stock setup, and thats 100% truth.

You guys crack me up, thinking you can look at a picture of something and know everything about them. Lay off the know it all shit, until you have experienced stuff first hand.

So keep the trash talkin coming fellas, Ill keep riding the hell out of my shee. Any of you guys that want a cheap way to get a 100% better ride out of your shee, give these a try. She rides like my Cannondale Speed did with Ohlins now... super nice ride, still with stocker shocks.

As for your bump steer argument... as Ive always said in the past with you "internet gurus", dont say a word until you have tried them yourselves. I have less bumpsteer now, then I did when it was with stock setup, and thats 100% truth.

You guys crack me up, thinking you can look at a picture of something and know everything about them. Lay off the know it all shit, until you have experienced stuff first hand.

So keep the trash talkin coming fellas, Ill keep riding the hell out of my shee. Any of you guys that want a cheap way to get a 100% better ride out of your shee, give these a try. She rides like my Cannondale Speed did with Ohlins now... super nice ride, still with stocker shocks.

Why would I spend money to buy shit. If someone gave them to me I wouldn't use them. You are clearly not telling the truth if you same that you have less bump steer now than you did before you installed the kit. It is absolutely geometrically impossible.

If you don't know what you are talking about, then just don't say anything. It's pretty simple concept. At the very minimum, if you do that you may be able to avoid being a feature in the Darwin awards. :shoothead: