How much fuel do you bring per day in the sand?

jayzx10r

its better to have enough gas then to run out. if you think you'll need 10 gallons take 15-20. dont mix it all. whatever u dont use throw it in your truck and drive back.

you'll use alot of gas at glamis. specially if youre going out to gecko to check out the sanddrags. its about a 7 mile ride one way from the wash.

night riding is the sh!t.. specially olds hill at night.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree tha tnight riding is half the fun atthe dunes. At dumont halloween I went out there with a full tank and 15 gallons and went home reserve and three empty 5 gallon cans. That was two and a half days of riding. Friday, friday night, saturday, saturday night, and until about 2:00pm sunday. That is with just pipes and a single carb.

its better to have enough gas then to run out. if you think you'll need 10 gallons take 15-20. dont mix it all. whatever u dont use throw it in your truck and drive back.

you'll use alot of gas at glamis. specially if youre going out to gecko to check out the sanddrags. its about a 7 mile ride one way from the wash.

night riding is the sh!t.. specially olds hill at night.

i mosytly go to glamis on the big weekends,and rangers always close olds early.thst sucks,we always camp behind venders,and the ride to the drags on geko rd is the $$$$$$$hit.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm gonna hit Glamis next week for a couple of days but I have no idea on the fuel consumption of my new Banshee. What do you recommend? I like to ride more than sit around but if I have a cooler......

Thanks for the input...

Jay From SanD.

I have stock carbs, but with the mods i was able to go from 200 mains to 320 mains, i can ride the dunes about 35 mi on less than 1/2 tank of race fuel.

I try to take out 4 5gallon jugs per trip. Usually have 1 left for the truck at the end.

I don't know how the riding is at other dunes, but a 3 rides a day is usually all we can make. A long ride with beer and camp stops can be as long as 6 hours. (we drink a lot)

Night riding rules! Unless I pace myself though, I'm beat by sundown.

i mosytly go to glamis on the big weekends,and rangers always close olds early.thst sucks,we always camp behind venders,and the ride to the drags on geko rd is the $$$$$$$hit.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :beer: :beer: :beer:

i dont see how they can shut the hills down... everytime i go past the big ass sign that says comp hill closes at sun down on major weekends..i get pissed! we pay to use the whole fukin dunes.. not all the dunes minus the hills the fuker want to close for no reason... if its over saftey thats fine but to close a hill just for no reason i get workedup... i dont see how they can close one hill and not the whole dunes... it not any less safe to ride olds then it is to ride chinawall at night...if anything its more safe becasue theres more ppl there to help you if you get hurt...

i dont see how they can shut the hills down... everytime i go past the big ass sign that says comp hill closes at sun down on major weekends..i get pissed! we pay to use the whole fukin dunes.. not all the dunes minus the hills the fuker want to close for no reason... if its over saftey thats fine but to close a hill just for no reason i get workedup... i dont see how they can close one hill and not the whole dunes... it not any less safe to ride olds then it is to ride chinawall at night...if anything its more safe becasue theres more ppl there to help you if you get hurt...

i agree wuth you,also just to fuck with you a bit i just got back from glamis,i did a 1 day run,and we went everywhere,china wall,comp hill,olds,some hill called brewley slide,we ended our day at boreman ville or what ever its called,drank like 10 or 15 pitchers between 8 of us,and went home,it was the most riding i have ever done,and all of us went on my buddys mobile home which included a dasighnated driver.had a blast.i took about 8 gal for my ltr 450[did not take the shee]and used about 6 or 7 gallons,that thing does really good on gas,iam also all beat to shit right now,we also only went through the dunes none of those flat areas,exept when we went to comp,but let me tell we were pined all the way................hope to see some of you guys soon? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

If someone else posted this same thing i Apologize.

They close Comp hill primarily because its a quick jaunt off the highway. All the little troublemaker punk ass kids used to go there and party and start shit light trucks on fire. Generally cause a bunch of problems.

Every time i have seen the Rangers or sheriffs close down the road to olds I was told you can still go to olds you just can't use this road. If you dune to it your fine. Basically go around them and stay on top of the hill! :whistling:

I usually take 6 5 gallon cans. Only mix up 1 can at a time. (91 and 40:1 amsoil premix) 280 mains

27.5 pilots toomey needles on the middle clip 20cc domes. My bike is only piped and bolt ons.

I usually put 2 cans in the truck before i leave.

If my bike breaks 3-4. Or if the old LT breaks.....

pres day i am taking 4 2 strokes out i think i am gonna run out of gas!

2 shee's and 2 lt250r's