Question for you people with diesel in freezing temps

i agree dinner the new emissions are going to suck the low sulfer fuel is making problems in the older trucks with fuel leaks and loss of power.also the new egr crap on trucks are a huge problem i dont think diesels are cut out for it . most of the problems we see in our shop are emission or egr related.and the exhaust system is totaly retarted. i work in a big truck dealership so this is not related to pick ups yet but im sure it will have a affect.2007 on is a whole new game

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit! gas in a diesle motor. i wont try it. but yeah that video with the 6.0 i went through that this morning. mine didnt die like that 6.slow but it did rev alittle higher. yeah i run farm diesel in my truck and i havent had a problem they still put the sulfur in the farm diesel i think. its cheaper i know that. anyway nice dodge by the way. im not a real big fan of dodge. the drive line on dodge is great. but the truck it self cant hold up. sorry just what i experieced ive owned 2 and both of them fell apart. so i went to ford and i havent had a problem yet. got a 01 stroker at work with 300,000 miles and still running.

aside from the traqnny dodge is posed to have the most reliable deisel right now.. motor wise the connecting rods and everything can take more of a beatting from what i have heard.. but i know its like the weakest tranny... too bad they didnt get the allison contract... but its ok chevy buyers are paying for the rediculose amount they bid to win the contract thats for sure..

aside from the traqnny dodge is posed to have the most reliable deisel right now.. motor wise the connecting rods and everything can take more of a beatting from what i have heard.. but i know its like the weakest tranny... too bad they didnt get the allison contract... but its ok chevy buyers are paying for the rediculose amount they bid to win the contract thats for sure..

oh i agree cummins is a damn good engine. im talking about the truck it self the body and interior. they havent got it down just yet. its allways been that way

Yea i remember looking at a picture of the Connecting Rods of all three Diesel's, Can't go wrong with a Cummins. And as Samdust said, Dodge's bodies arn't the greatest, but i havnt had a problem with their interiors though either. Some people get lucky, other's do not. A lot of people say the Automatic tranny in the Dodges suck, and can go fairly early. I know we don't have that many km on our truck but we have over 275,000km and the tranny is still good.

But at least they upgraded the trannies in the new 07+ trucks, the new Aisin trannies look sweet, they are suppose to be better than the Allison :shrug:

Yea i remember looking at a picture of the Connecting Rods of all three Diesel's, Can't go wrong with a Cummins. And as Samdust said, Dodge's bodies arn't the greatest, but i havnt had a problem with their interiors though either. Some people get lucky, other's do not. A lot of people say the Automatic tranny in the Dodges suck, and can go fairly early. I know we don't have that many km on our truck but we have over 275,000km and the tranny is still good.

But at least they upgraded the trannies in the new 07+ trucks, the new Aisin trannies look sweet, they are suppose to be better than the Allison :shrug:

yea too bad for me i got an 06 :(

yeah i run farm diesel in my truck

better watch your ass. if they catch red diesel in your truck here its a fuckin fine boy. I have heard its like $250/gallon in your tank. steep fines.

EDIT and i just read that a first offense is a misdemeanor, the second is a felony.

Edited by gimmeabeer

better watch your ass. if they catch red diesel in your truck here its a fuckin fine boy. I have heard its like $250/gallon in your tank. steep fines.

EDIT and i just read that a first offense is a misdemeanor, the second is a felony.

they dont really mess with light trucks its only the big trucks like semis and stuff. the only way they can find out is if they pull ur filter. but my truck is used so ill say previous owner. farm diesel will jack a new motor up so i DO NOT recommend putting it in the new diesel engines.

the only way they can find out is if they pull ur filter.

they dont have to pul your filter... in texas the highway patrol have a kit... they siphon a small amount into a container and they have this little tester thing... they can nail you right there on the side of the road

they dont have to pul your filter... in texas the highway patrol have a kit... they siphon a small amount into a container and they have this little tester thing... they can nail you right there on the side of the road

i did not know that. so what do they drive around pulling people over to see what kind of diesel there running. its sound kind of stupid to me. its like yes officer can i help u. cop says yeah son i pulled u over to see what kind of diesel ur running. :yelrotflmao:

Edited by samdust

not sure what would give them a reason... but i know my cousin got a fat ticket a few years back becasue he ran out of gas and put some of my grandpas farm deisel in his truck and for what ever the reason was the cop pulled him over and tested his fuel and it was positive for the dye and gave him a nice hefty ticket...

usually the D.O.T. only tests your fuel if you get stopped pullin a trailer or stop at the scales, even then its just if they want to. My boss runs farm fuel in all his cummins dodges and has for like 20 years, been stopped multiple times, never checked his fuel.

usually the D.O.T. only tests your fuel if you get stopped pullin a trailer or stop at the scales, even then its just if they want to. My boss runs farm fuel in all his cummins dodges and has for like 20 years, been stopped multiple times, never checked his fuel.

thats what im saying unless the officer has a wild hair in his ass he wont check ur fuel.its just a waste of his time.

they dont really mess with light trucks its only the big trucks like semis and stuff. the only way they can find out is if they pull ur filter. but my truck is used so ill say previous owner. farm diesel will jack a new motor up so i DO NOT recommend putting it in the new diesel engines.

Yea you better be careful,up here guys have had over $7000 Fines due to running dyed diesel. And they are cracking down more and more on light duty diesels. And they do not just go to the filter's,they will dip your tank,and they are now going straight to the injectors!, so they will catch you. Up here at farm shows where there is like 1000 farmers truck's sitting there,and while everyone is walking around the MTO and POlice will go through the parking lot dipping the tanks, and then will fine you if died is found.

Another thing to is if you are running 2 stroke oil in your diesel,make sure NOT to use the red 2 stroke oil. This will leave the red die colour on your injectors and they will assume you are running died diesel. So make sure to use brown or blue 2 stroke oil!

Dinner

Yea you better be careful,up here guys have had over $7000 Fines due to running dyed diesel. And they are cracking down more and more on light duty diesels. And they do not just go to the filter's,they will dip your tank,and they are now going straight to the injectors!, so they will catch you. Up here at farm shows where there is like 1000 farmers truck's sitting there,and while everyone is walking around the MTO and POlice will go through the parking lot dipping the tanks, and then will fine you if died is found.

Another thing to is if you are running 2 stroke oil in your diesel,make sure NOT to use the red 2 stroke oil. This will leave the red die colour on your injectors and they will assume you are running died diesel. So make sure to use brown or blue 2 stroke oil!

Dinner

is that in canada? that sucks ive never heard of anything like that i dont know how they would get to ur injectors, being that they are in the engine and nowhere near the tank. but i dont think ill have to worry about that. i live in a very small town and i know all the cops and they dont even know the diff between gas and diesel. my friend convinced one of them that he had inline cat. converters built into the pipe. so im not worried. two diff worlds