wanting to start flat track need some help

THE PUNISHER

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I been wanting to flat track for a while now and I need some help on mods and any tips or advice anyone could give me, I would reall appreicate it. :thanks:

Thanks,

THE PUNISHER

well 1 thing i do know......dont even show up with out a sway bar

and hoosier or american racer rear tires make all the difference in the world

i didnt have either last season and got my ass handed to me

Alright, what else do you think I need, I live in Tennessee so I don't think there is any big flat tracks.

im buying ride height adjustable tcs shocks for mine......and having them convert my rear to a dual rate 0 preload so it will also have true ride height adj......the lower you get the bike to the ground the better it will be in the turns....you can achieve this in many ways but i like the adj ride height shock option so i can trail ride as well as flat track the bike

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'll get bashed for this but...I played around w/ it stock & some one suggested to strap the front end down temperarily w/ A strap to see the differance b4 I spent the money to lower it... I tried it & itmade A big differance... just did it for fun to see what it would corner like... only me & A few buddies were there... 1/8 dirt

I know I'll get bashed for this but...I played around w/ it stock & some one suggested to strap the front end down temperarily w/ A strap to see the differance b4 I spent the money to lower it... I tried it & itmade A big differance... just did it for fun to see what it would corner like... only me & A few buddies were there... 1/8 dirt

not gonna bash ya for something i did myself.....

i strapped all 3 shocks right down almost rigid......made a huge difference in cornering

but now that i got my TCS 0 pre load/ride height adjustables on they way i wont have to do that

Ive been racing flattrack and tt for a few years and let me tell you u need to get banshees low, wide, and the axle underneath your ass. One thing all banshee owners know is how well a banhsee can burn out, well on the track not good. So first of all yes a lowering kit is a must or shorter shocks, cheap way that works old harley shocks off a dyna glide work great for the front, if u are serious use AFCO they are designed for flattrack and TT. For lowering the rear u can do a couple of things, use the stock rear shock with a longer link for the swingarm or get rid of the whole link altogether by welding a top shock mount on the top of the sub frame so the shock has a slight angle to the swing arm and bolt the bottom of the shock directly to the swingarm without the linkage works amazing trust me. Like i said if u want to get serious find an afco shock for the rear too they are fully adjustable and work great incombination with afco front shocks. Now to get it wider, one cheap way is wheel spacers that are available for the front and rear, but for more stability use wider axle and a-arms trust me great investments along with a swaybar a must!! now to get that axle underneath you, the stock swingarm can be shorten 2 inches safely and if u are confident with a torch and welder u can do this on your own. Just so u know this may seem like alot but if u wanna beat those 450s this is the only way. Oh yea i forgot u might think that banshee is fast now but next to a hooked up 450 you have nothing. If Anyone is truly serious about racing i have two banshees completely set up with the best of everything on them. Don't worry they are't bored out to like a 420 kit or anything my motors are true 350s with porting bigger carbs, cpi exhaust, slightly higher compression 85 hp on C12 but also can be set up to run on alcohol and you get 95 hp. I have won big races with these banshees and all the motors are fresh im in to flattracking motorcycles now and need to get rid off the quads.

well 1 thing i do know......dont even show up with out a sway bar

and hoosier or american racer rear tires make all the difference in the world

i didnt have either last season and got my ass handed to me

Where did you disapear to? I was looking forward to passing you on the outside again :thumbsup: and you never showed up to the last few races.

40aaur9.jpg

Where did you disapear to? I was looking forward to passing you on the outside again :thumbsup: and you never showed up to the last few races.

40aaur9.jpg

i broke the tranny is why i dint come back........

and i got something for you ass ths year buddy

that 250 r will be doing nothing but looking at my tail light.....lol

motor is in being built by A&S racing as we speak

Dan

i broke the tranny is why i dint come back........

and i got something for you ass ths year buddy

that 250 r will be doing nothing but looking at my tail light.....lol

motor is in being built by A&S racing as we speak

Dan

40 over isn't going to do it, I can tell you that right now :thumbsup: I'm going to have 2 R's at the track this year, the one above for practice and heats, the other I will break out if I have to for the main. I anticipated someone building a bigger bike and found out my buddy on the black banshee went to a 7 mil stroker kit so I had to go bigbore :whistling: Should be an interesting season. BRAaaaaaaP!!!

Get that bike ready, we're running the ice in a couple weeks.

40 over isn't going to do it, I can tell you that right now :thumbsup: I'm going to have 2 R's at the track this year, the one above for practice and heats, the other I will break out if I have to for the main. I anticipated someone building a bigger bike and found out my buddy on the black banshee went to a 7 mil stroker kit so I had to go bigbore :whistling: Should be an interesting season. BRAaaaaaaP!!!

Get that bike ready, we're running the ice in a couple weeks.

40 over aint all thats being done.......

a lil port work here and there

and a few other goodies..

as far as the ice goes i have no studded tires for my shee

i ate the budget up doing the ground up rebuild

heres a pic without motor or shocks in yet

100_0794.jpg

The black banshee was ported for that track, probably second overbore and he couldn't pass me, thats why he's going to the stroker kit. He was wondering what happened to you to.

You really don't need a sway bar for I96 but you do need to know which compound tire to run and what tire pressure to use in each tire. I think I'm one of two that actually used a swaybar out there and most guys were competative. That raptor steped his game up and was on me most of the races. He placed top 3 at every race after he got his tires set up.

Mike at 96 said he's only running us once or twice a month this season, if at all do to the crash's last year, and he's thinking about running us on a tt style course instead so I'm looking for more tracks to run at. Were going up to Crystal to see if they will run us on the 3/8 mile on Sat nights. I'm going to be making a couple trips over to PA to run outlaw class hopefully this year. Theres also some tracks in IND and OH I want to hit. If I can I'm going to try to go to the nationals if I can get it off work.

We need to get at least 20 to 30 guys to show up at I96 if we want Mike to keep running us, with what we had last year he lost money. I'm going to talk to Mike and see what its actually going to take to run us every week but I don't think he's going to go for it.