yfz450 rear shock and swinger conversion

IROOST1

I dont know if anyone has tried to fit a yfz450 swingarm, shock, and linkage on a banshee. I am going to give it a shot. Just wondering if anyone has tips, tricks, or experience with this.

IROOST1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best tip is to take your time! no need too rush.

think of every possibility from every angle you can come up with for any situtation that could arise.

and take pictures, lots of pics.

other then maybe the shock, whats the benefit of a YFZ swinger? i have never looked at one or know anything about them

Edited by Mullet Man

best tip is to take your time! no need too rush.

think of every possibility from every angle you can come up with for any situtation that could arise.

and take pictures, lots of pics.

other then maybe the shock, whats the benefit of a YFZ swinger? i have never looked at one or know anything about them

i want to make the same mod , when i lost this idea . because the rear shock bolts high in the frame and is run to close to the rear motor bracket ...... i change of idea and i put a banshee motor in a 04 yfz , is fit like a glove ......

:bunny: i built the quad with old parts for test the modification , and is great and jump like the yfz . the pipe is hand built with the in and out from the stock pipe of the shee . and the middle of a snow machine polaris rxl 650 pipe . this winter i buy parts for a complete rebuilt of the bike ( red maiers fender , +2 a arm , 3 elka shock , +2 durablue axle e.t.c. ) and i have idea to buy a set of shearer pipe ( no chrome ) and custom mod to fit my bike and after , go to the chrome shop ....

:bunny: i built the quad with old parts for test the modification , and is great and jump like the yfz . the pipe is hand built with the in and out from the stock pipe of the shee . and the middle of a snow machine polaris rxl 650 pipe . this winter i buy parts for a complete rebuilt of the bike ( red maiers fender , +2 a arm , 3 elka shock , +2 durablue axle e.t.c. ) and i have idea to buy a set of shearer pipe ( no chrome ) and custom mod to fit my bike and after , go to the chrome shop ....

That pipe looks like shit

That pipe looks like shit

tank s 2005SEBANSHEE for the positive word , your the king :notworthy: .... and dont let go of , your on the good way to show at 1500 person on the site your stupidity ..... every person with a fonctional brain say , is not exist a set of pipe to direct fit to this modified bike .. and the first idea , is to buy a crashed bike , put the motor in , put old parts and make a fonctional exaust to test the bike . and is run good and is a good machine , put new parts and lots of money to make a good look bike .... i m not the guys to have a idea of put a cr500 motor in a blaster and go to a shop to fabricate a custom exaust of 1500$ and run a month the bike , and oh ho is not good the motor breaking the frame at every twist of the throtle , and put the blaster in the garage and lost the money i have in this project ....... your understand my idea of a custom creation ...... little boy ...... :yelrotflmao:

Even if you got the swinger and shock for free...the mods, fabrication, etc., can't save you any money versus buying an aftermarket one, with roundhouse for easier chain adjustment, and a reworked/sprung/valved stock rear shock...

What are you trying to gain from this?

the big problem with the complet rear end of a yfz , is the angle of the shock . is run straight up , and if you want to made a bracket in the frame of a shee . the shock rub on the stock bracket of the rear of the motor . and if you modifie the angle or the systeme of the rear swing arm of the yfz , you lost the good set up of the yfz parts . is my idea .... when i put the banshee motor in the yfz frame , i have not the choice to forward the stock rear motor bracket of the banshee frame i cut it , to fit in the yfz frame . because is run to close to the rear yfz shock ..... and i m sorry to have big words for answer to the other guys , when i dont like a little boy shot a crappy words in a forum , just for fun . if you like ou not like a thing in a forum , take a easy words to explaine your position ... respect man .

i m not very interested to send pics of the bike , because i have just old pics after the modification and is look crapy ... i m buy parts for the rebuilt at the end of the winter , when if you want to view the complete bike ...banshee450002.jpg

banshee450001-1.jpg

banshee450010.jpg

the last set up , end pipe shorty fmf for the fun of have noise . and put my ice racing tire to test in a ice race ...

reedcage020.jpg

and a pic of my trail banshee , with a trinity cheeta 400 , stage 4 porting , a 27.000$ trail machine , just for fun .

banadan001-1.jpg

your o.k. littttle boy , and please . attention to your language :evil::clap:

Edited by crazyshee400