Bike for the Wife

Jhughes7

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you buy anything take a look at the Kawi KFX400, Suzuki Ltz400 or the artic cat 400. They are all the same machine just depends on what you want it to look like. Just look on the frame you will find that it is manufactured by Suzuki.

I with jbooker! My wife has the Z400 and loves it! The reverse and the seat are her two most favorite things. The suspension on the 450's are really hard to make soft. I adjusted, and adjusted my YFZ450 to make it soft enough for the wife to ride and enjoy, but that never happened. The Z400 is an all around good quad. Put an exhaust, jets, and K&N on it, and you have yourself one hell of a dune/trail bike. Just my .02

I havnt really read any great things about the predator as far as power goes, How are they in the dunes hill shooting?

hell.. i dont know. i know they take off quick and there pretty easy to drive. but they are lighter than the craptor. but i dont know if they will beat a raptor. the reason i say polaris is cause they are pretty tough and they dont need alot of maintenace. it will take what ever ur wife throws at it. i think unless shes a really good rider

Edited by samdust

Well she is a fairly novice rider and I want something with some decent power so she can go with me most places but also be very rideable and comfortable for her. I will probably do quite a bit of riding on it too for when my back hurts so bad from the stock suspension on the banshee that i cant take it no more. It probably remain stock except for paddles. Thought as she gets better she might request (Demand) some bolt ons.

If you are looking for comfor the yfz would not be my first choice, IMO you should consider another banshee or get a raptor more TQ/useable power especially when compared to the 450s=more fun for the wife.

hell.. i dont know. i know they take off quick and there pretty easy to drive. but they are lighter than the craptor. but i dont know if they will beat a raptor. the reason i say polaris is cause they are pretty tough and they dont need alot of maintenace. it will take what ever ur wife throws at it. i think unless shes a really good rider

are u talking about the same polaris? they've come a long way but arent exactly maintenance free. i would never own any polaris but a predator, outlaw 525 or sportsman 500. as far as ur wife if it has to be a 450 the hondas more comfortable, but id wait on the kawasaki. reverse is something most women want

are u talking about the same polaris? they've come a long way but arent exactly maintenance free. i would never own any polaris but a predator, outlaw 525 or sportsman 500. as far as ur wife if it has to be a 450 the hondas more comfortable, but id wait on the kawasaki. reverse is something most women want

thats what im talking about that quad IS a predator.

thats what im talking about that quad IS a predator.

i know what u said but it sounded like u said polaris in general but even so the metal they use for the exausts on all there quads is rusty junk, even in a heated garage! leaky gas cap and a couple other minor things ive had with it, but otherwise nothing major

both of those bikes (yfz and trx) are so close on peformance that it shouldnt even be brought up, you could switch out riders all day long and the race outcome would be different everytime, IMO the trx has way better ergonomics than the yfz, but just take her out and let her choose which one she likes, i think she will be happy with any of the 400+ machines