Riding Doubles in Glamis

brokesoftwaretester

I planned on having my wife ride on the back of the banshee when we go to glamis in 2 weeks, I just read that "Carrying of passengers. No operator of an all0terrain vehicle shall carry a passenger while operating on public lands. (38506 C.V.C.)".

How enforced is this rule? She is 10X more dangerous to herself and others on her own bike as opposed to being on the back of mine... I didn't plan on even bringing her bike.

Do you think we'll be alright? What's the fine for non-compliance? I really don't want to have to take another bike.

The problems start where you receive the ticket and you will get one. From that spot she or you must walk back to camp or hitch a ride from someone that has an extra seat. This doesn't mean in the bed of a truck. If guess if she doesn't mind sitting at Olds for an hour while you go get your 4x4 truck to pick her up...

Is that a state law? I ride my wife around all day up here in oregon with no problems

Yes, CA law I believe.

A loophole in amendment 111 may be to 'design the quad for means of carrying a passenger'... I guess that means hand grips, and footpegs for your passenger, although it isn't clearly defined.