Riding Doubles in Glamis

brokesoftwaretester

Like everything else at Glamis, you'll get busted if you're an idiot. People who get doubles tickets ride up and down the roads, at the hills or at camp. That is where the LEO's patrol. If you want to ride doubles, jump on the bike and head out. Look around before you go and before you pull back into camp.

If you want to check out a Hill, stay up on the ridge. Don't go down to the flats/hangouts.

That's a bummer. I take girls out riding with me sometimes and if I don't have a second bike up and running for them to ride, they jump on with me. I've gotton used to riding double with girls after this past year. If you have someone who knows what's going on and how to ride double its actually kinda fun I think. I had a girl who would do small jumps and stuff with me on ol blue. It was a blast. That would be a huge bummer to get a ticket for that. Especially if both parties are wearing helmets.

I guess maybe I've just been spoiled by our dunes here in wyoming since no one ever patrols them. I think all this past year I saw sheriffs out there maybe 3 times, and all 3 times was because there was an accident and someone needed life flighted out.

- Jared

I guess maybe I've just been spoiled by our dunes here in wyoming since no one ever patrols them. I think all this past year I saw sheriffs out there maybe 3 times, and all 3 times was because there was an accident and someone needed life flighted out.

- Jared

ahh see to all you anti glamis guys out there.. this is proff it has nothing to do with glamis being packed with alot of people causing others to get hurt.. these guys are getting life flights out of kp and that place is like a deserted island damn near!

ahh see to all you anti glamis guys out there.. this is proff it has nothing to do with glamis being packed with alot of people causing others to get hurt.. these guys are getting life flights out of kp and that place is like a deserted island damn near!

Ha Ha Ha! I never said people don't get totally fuggered up out at KP. Its just that our accidents usually involve someone flying off some razorback and eating shit at the bottom or trying to jump some huge retarded dune. None of our accidents have ever involved alcohol or some dude running your ass over in a big rail. Ha Ha! I've been there for all 3 of the life flights this past year at KP and actually helped with 2 of them.

...and yeah, its pretty much a deserted island. If you were out there riding alone, especially this time of year, it would be literally days before anyone found you if you ate shit and couldn't move for one reason or another. ...and I garuntee you would die of hypothermia over night. Our over-night low was like -8 last night and there was a 17mph wind. They would find you a frozen popsicle laying out on the sand. You almost need avalanche beacons out there in the winter time just so someone could find your ass if you went missing. Ha Ha Ha!

:yelrotflmao:

- Jared

Our over-night low was like -8 last night and there was a 17mph wind. They would find you a frozen popsicle laying out on the sand. You almost need avalanche beacons out there in the winter time just so someone could find your ass if you went missing. Ha Ha Ha!

:yelrotflmao:

- Jared

Good lord that's cold! I don't know if I would be able to function!

same law in my state you ride double you get a ticket and your passenger walks. sand,trails it dosent matter dosent mean people dont do it.i dont like riding double anyway so its not a problem.i see people riding with no helmet in shorts no shirts and flip flops drinking.not real smart but oh well

Yeh its pretty amazing what people do, I personally dont ride with a helmet on much but thats because I am blind in my left eye (Thank you US Army). It really messes with my vision when i have a helmet on so i generally only wear one when I am just messing around dragging. But on long open rides i dont wear one.

Yeh its pretty amazing what people do, I personally dont ride with a helmet on much but thats because I am blind in my left eye (Thank you US Army). It really messes with my vision when i have a helmet on so i generally only wear one when I am just messing around dragging. But on long open rides i dont wear one.

Thanks for your service for our country, and sorry they took an eye! That sucks man. Glad to hear you are still out there riding and having fun though!

Thanks for your service for our country, and sorry they took an eye! That sucks man. Glad to hear you are still out there riding and having fun though!

Thanks! Its not completely blind, but if someone was to poke me in the right eye i would be completely useless.