.00" head milling V.S. P.S.I

yamaha04

Common guys.. someone must know...

Those of you running a milled head, what did you have it milled to and what compression increase was there?

say you want to stick with running 91-93 octane, therefore 150psi per cylinder is still safe.. how much milling would that take..

any ideas?

No one can tell you with 100% certainty. Since you only want to run pump gas, start with .020 and go from there....

Too many variables to give you a 100% clear answer....you can always take more off.

You're missing the main point. Running more compression increases your need for higher octane, it also puts more strain on the bottom end of your motor, more specifically your crank..

With proper squish clearance and jetting, you shouldn't need to run engine ice. Engine Ice also won't save you from burning up your motor if it isn't jetted correctly or fed enough octane...

No one can tell you with 100% certainty. Since you only want to run pump gas, start with .020 and go from there....

Too many variables to give you a 100% clear answer....you can always take more off.

You're missing the main point. Running more compression increases your need for higher octane, it also puts more strain on the bottom end of your motor, more specifically your crank..

With proper squish clearance and jetting, you shouldn't need to run engine ice. Engine Ice also won't save you from burning up your motor if it isn't jetted correctly or fed enough octane...

the ORACOL strikes again :) :thumbsup:

just though the engine ice might help i guess i will try 30 thosands and go from there that should give me any problems

Did you actually read what I wrote? .030 and pump gas might not mix. You can always take more off, at the cost of a head gasket and coolant...you ain't gonna add material back however.

Did you actually read what I wrote? .030 and pump gas might not mix. You can always take more off, at the cost of a head gasket and coolant...you ain't gonna add material back however.

.......I think thats why he wanted to know if someone had a chart in the first place..... If .030 meant 20PSI he'd be good to go.

well if he has a ported motor.

and he has fast flowing transfers with an intake and exaust to match it, he can run 20:1 with pump gas, he just better have a studded head. High compression doesnt ALWAYS call for high octane gas or Alki.