high altitude jetting 5k to 9k foot

Rescue6

Anyone ever have any luck jetting for 5k-9k elevation and 40 to 70 Deg. weather. I am just looking for a ruff guess as to were to start. Just brought the bike up to Colorado from Arizona My parts are listed in my sig.My home elevation is 5500 and I will also need jetting help for 9000 where I really like to ride at? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone ever have any luck jetting for 5k-9k elevation and 40 to 70 Deg. weather. I am just looking for a ruff guess as to were to start. Just brought the bike up to Colorado from Arizona My parts are listed in my sig.My home elevation is 5500 and I will also need jetting help for 9000 where I really like to ride at? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just curious where you are at in CO???

RIPPEN

This is gonna sound dumb, but hear me out. Do you know what a powerjet is?

Alky drag guys have to run 'em...but, they work for gas too. I'd jet that bike for 9500 feet, get it spot on. get powerjets installed on the carbs...

(they are like an externally adjustable main jet...no need to remove the float bowl.)

Then...just open up the power jet to feed more fuel as you go lower in elevation. If you're going to ride both places freequently, it beats taking your carbs apart all the time to change mains....

You'll need to go about 3 to 5 larger on the mains when you go down in elevation that far. Powerjets accomodate about 10 sizes in mains, roughly.

Then all you gotta do is check your plugs...make sure you're not too lean!

Are you still running the stock carbs? lets say you are I would start at 260 but I would say you are going to be around a 220 for the denver area. if you are not a big drag racer then once you have it in here it will run ok up there. 9000 Ft where are you riding walden?

how did you melt a piston sand rocket? im at 5800 or so in cedar and im running 280s and they were a little rich i added k@n pod and cool head 20 ccs and plus 4 timing and now im just right between 3500 and 5800 i had to adjust my air screw a little but no melt downs i have t6s for pipes are you at 9000 ft in roy? i ride delta to sandhollow with no problem im a little rich at coral pink

Well to answers some of the questions. I am in the Woodland Park area. I like to ride anywhere though. I am still using the stock carbs W/ tors. I actually thought about the powerjet setup but did not know if they really worked. I will give the sugestions a try thanks.

They are critical for tuning alky in, due to the amount that must flow. However, they work for gas just fine.

I got a set of Dave Moore Power jets, a little pricey...but a better design I feel. Yes, they sure work for gas....

With no timing added and stock head with pipes and pod air cleaners I was at a 290 main at 4800' in western Colorado...my current banshee runs 310 mains presently....I have not really run it since the weather got so cold, but that is what I ran it when the temps where in the 80's.....good luck...ds

• 2 weeks later...