Ran the gas out of the carbs and a week later!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done putting the airbox back on, I checked the slides and one slide would go up before the other but i fixed that (slides are in the right way, half moon to the airbox) and after that i checked all the hoses again, all were good. put the gas tank on and turned the gas on let it sit for a min then kicked it, it started right up but it idles low and as soon as you give it gas it bugs down what do you think it could be???

Thanks guys have a great night!

That sounds exactly like when the clutch lever gets stuck out. I don't know what exactly causes it but check right around where the clutch perch connects to the bars. It should all be tight. Sry that's a shitty explanation, maybe someone can do a better job of explaining that.

I dont mean to make you sound dumb but did you check the fuel level in the tank ? I have done that worked on a bike and had a fuel leak or some other problem. One time I checked the fuel looked like there was fuel sonded like there was fuel but not as much as I thought. Just would trikle over the tube to fill the bowls but not supply the right amont of fuel. It sounds just like that. You had a lean backfire in the vid so no fuel or an air leek. You can check for a air leak with carb cleaner just spray around you intake and carbs if the idle goes up you have an air leak. Hope this helps