hunting

Bow hunting is def far better then rifle here in lower michigan, you basically see more because everybody and there cousin isnt out shooting at everything that moves. In the Upper penninsula of michigan its no different, there is maybe 10 people on a 1mile square of land. As for hunting not taking skill I think it depends on the method you use. If you hunt in a well populated area where theres a wall-mart and you go a week before, put up your blind, put out a ton of bait and then go out on opening day with a cannon its really not much skill, but its still awesome. I personally like stalking and tracking and bringing the deer to me instead of waiting for them to come to me.

I really enjoy hunting the upper penninsula of michigan. Its a 12 mile ride back in the woods on a decent road with the 4x4 quads. Then another 17 miles back down the sickest trails ever. Alot of areas you are standing on the seat and the mud and water is right up to the air intake on the quads. You are basically in the wilderness. There is bear, coyotes, quail, deer of course, turkey, and people have been seeing cougers.

The best shot you can take with a bow is definitly a neck shot, or any spine shot. It drops the deer right where it is, but of course its still alive so you have to put your knife in the back of there head. It kills them instantly. I learned that a few years ago. I use to cut the throat and I hated doing that because the deer would always belly out at me and I would feel bad.

Anyone ever have a bow blow up on them? My dads Oneida blew up on him a few years ago.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big blue, our archery land is only bout 7 acres and all the land surrounding it is hunted. We don't shoot the does mainly because it puts an end to our hunting for that day.... we end up tracking our stinky selves through our property tracking the hit doe, then stink up our property again with a big gut pile, then we have to drag that bitch out, sweating and stinking up the area even more.... I shoulda mentioned that Im from Pennsylvania, which im pretty sure has the largest whitetail deer kill in the USA, so the does that we pass up, get shot by the rifle guys. We have 6 weeks of archery and we do shoot the occasional doe, but we shoot her early in the season just to get meat in the freezer. I don't even buy a doe license anymore, so I couldnt shoot one even If I wanted too. The first two weeks of the season I'm all for killing big fatty does, but the last 3 to 4 weeks is BUCK ONLY.

I agree, I'd never recomend shootin a deer in the neck with a bow, thats not a good shot at all.

Anyone ever have a bow blow up on them? My dads Oneida blew up on him a few years ago.

Can not say that I have but The Oneida has way to much complication goin on for me..I shoot a Mathewes outback and a PSE recurve.

yeah i had a cross bow blow up on me it broke my window in my house i was shooting arrows wiithout heads on them and it finally put the shock in arms instead of the bolt.