hunting

bowhuntin is the best :thumbsup: this is my 16th bowhuntin' season, I don't hunt with my rifle anymore.... I like em no farther than 25 yards, 30 if its a big buck and he's walkin away from ya. depending on where your huntin', anything farther than a 30 yard shot is asking for trouble.

00tbanshee dont sweat the deer that got away on ya, shit happens. It happens to all bowhunters now and then.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

276lbs field dressed, 14points green score 186 non and 167 with deductions taken with a bow Nov. 22 2006 in Manito Illinois.

hunting002.jpg

hunting008.jpg

hunting007.jpg

Ans this is my uncles from 2005. He shot this monster outside of Golden Clorado

colorado007.jpg

im not tryin to bash your buck but unless i could see some more body pictures i dont think i can belive that that deer weighed 276lbs field dressed. ive seen a 220 pound deer field dressed and that thing was a hog,

any elk? I shot mine last weekend. I like bowhunting but I drew on a rifle tag, heck of a shot 300 yards no prop with my .270 dropped right where it stood. To give you an idea of the terrain it took us 6 hours to get it out and it was 300-350 yards away from the truck :banghead: sucked. It was just a little 5 pont raghorn (3 years old) I will try and get some pics up. Not bad for my first elk.

any elk? I shot mine last weekend. I like bowhunting but I drew on a rifle tag, heck of a shot 300 yards no prop with my .270 dropped right where it stood. To give you an idea of the terrain it took us 6 hours to get it out and it was 300-350 yards away from the truck :banghead: sucked. It was just a little 5 pont raghorn (3 years old) I will try and get some pics up. Not bad for my first elk.

I have made 3 trips out to Colorado Elk hunting but have had no luck. My uncle has shot many with his rifle and just started hunting with his bow last year and shot one cow so far...Maybe someday I will have the same luck but I am giving up for now, Way to expensive.

im not tryin to bash your buck but unless i could see some more body pictures i dont think i can belive that that deer weighed 276lbs field dressed. ive seen a 220 pound deer field dressed and that thing was a hog,

Not sure why anyone would bullshit about the weight of their deer but right on.

bowhuntin is the best :thumbsup: this is my 16th bowhuntin' season, I don't hunt with my rifle anymore.... I like em no farther than 25 yards, 30 if its a big buck and he's walkin away from ya. depending on where your huntin', anything farther than a 30 yard shot is asking for trouble.

00tbanshee dont sweat the deer that got away on ya, shit happens. It happens to all bowhunters now and then.

meat we agree on somethin' . will wonders never cease. I've got a mathews drenalin on order... can't wait to get it. it's been 10 years since i've gottin' a new bow.

meat we agree on somethin' . will wonders never cease. I've got a mathews drenalin on order... can't wait to get it. it's been 10 years since i've gottin' a new bow.

Im shootin a Hoyt "intruder" thats about 10 years old. It was one of the first bows with a billet aluminum riser :shrug: . The old hoyt still shoots good.

I havent shot a deer with my bow in three years because we don't shoot does on our property. We're tryin' to grow big buck, so the only deer getting shot are nice sized buck.