Lonestar axcalibar axle

bansheeigo

I'm not worried about it coming off, and yes mine has cotter pins on them. I just want to know how much foot pounds of torque to put on them without them coming loose and my hubs(stock hubs) move a little bit back and forth.If I use loctite on the threads which one should I use, RED or,BLUE? Thanks for your replies.

I'm not worried about it coming off, and yes mine has cotter pins on them. I just want to know how much foot pounds of torque to put on them without them coming loose and my hubs(stock hubs) move a little bit back and forth.If I use loctite on the threads which one should I use, RED or,BLUE? Thanks for your replies.

The clymers manual recommends RED, I myself used blue this spring and havent had any trouble with them working loose; just make sure the threads are CLEAN!! Do you have the axle nut wrenches? If not the torque values are meaningless.

Inside nut to 40 ft*lb

Hold inside nut and tighten outside nut to 140

Draw a line across both nuts. Hold outside nut while turning the inside nut against the outside nut (jamb) to 177 ft lb. Measure the distance between the two lines you have drawn. If it is less than 3mm, repeat until a distance is gained of a min of 3mm.

That is paraphrased from the clymers manual. Otherwise, grab a couple pipe wrenches or 18in crescents and your loctite. Oh, and spent 30 bucks on a clymers and you wont have to wait for days for someone to do this for you :beer:

Aw, just drill your own hole then! Ha ha Ha! :evil:

im not worried about it i just put a pipe wrench to it and stomp on it , and use some red loctite

use red its "permanent" you can bust it if need be using another pipe wrench

Black SunShine, I'm not talking about the locknut that holds the axle on the swingarm, I'm talking about the nuts that go on the ends of the axle that hold the hubs on.I threw those stock ones away along time ago.

So Red loctite is ok to put on the threads(end of the axle)of the axle so they won't get loose, but does anybody know how muck foot pounds of torque go on the nuts? thanks for your replies.

Edited by bansheeigo

Black SunShine, I'm not talking about the locknut that holds the axle on the swingarm, I'm talking about the nuts that go on the ends of the axle that hold the hubs on.I threw those stock ones away along time ago.

So Red loctite is ok to put on the threads(end of the axle)of the axle so they won't get loose, but does anybody know how muck foot pounds of torque go on the nuts? thanks for your replies.

Sorry about the double post...oops! 88 ft lbs but that is for a stock axle. I just got a lonestar a few months ago and there was no literature with it (it was new from the factory) so I guess theyre the same. Says nothing about loctite but if you dont have the castle nut/hitch pin set up it may not be a bad idea. :shrug:

Sorry about the double post...oops! 88 ft lbs but that is for a stock axle. I just got a lonestar a few months ago and there was no literature with it (it was new from the factory) so I guess theyre the same. Says nothing about loctite but if you dont have the castle nut/hitch pin set up it may not be a bad idea. :shrug:

i miss read your post i thought you wanted the torque spec for the locknut, the hubs dont have specs i dont think... just run them up until your hubs dont wobble then go one more notch and pin it...