Anyone know whats redline on a shee?

Red ine is when the peak power is made.As said eariler most well built machines dont see over 10500 and a stocker will be arond 8000.

Wrong. Red line is basically the RPM that you don't want to go over, getting it's name from the red markings that are on the tachometer in cars. Redline in most cars is governed, meaning the motor physically will not rev past that RPM. Peak power is almost always made before redline, making shifting at redline pretty much useless.

On the rz the power kick is right after 6 grand, around 6100 RPM. From 6100 to 9000 the bike is putting out its biggest kick in the pants. Fourth and fifth gears at 6500 RPM is a lot of fun on the RZ. The bike will top out around 115. The biggest power kick is from 6100 to 7000 and then another smaller power surge from 8000 to 9000. Near redline and she's screaming pretty good, I rarely hit redline, I rarely hit 9000. So when you guys are railing around on the banshee, and the powerband kicks in and your over half throttle, you can figure your RPM's somewhere around 6100 :shrug: .

Who else has seen the video of the super moped racing the trans am. The moped has a 2-stroke engine that they claim revs to like 23k or 32k or some junk like that. Its a cool video. The moped whoops on that trans am bad. Its all worked over and has nitrous on it. the trans am had some nice engine work done. the moped gets killed out of the hole, but once it gets up on top he shoots past the trans am. Its funny as hell.

Imagine getting passed by some noodle kid on a moped. Ha Ha Ha!

On the rz the power kick is right after 6 grand, around 6100 RPM. From 6100 to 9000 the bike is putting out its biggest kick in the pants. Fourth and fifth gears at 6500 RPM is a lot of fun on the RZ. The bike will top out around 115. The biggest power kick is from 6100 to 7000 and then another smaller power surge from 8000 to 9000. Near redline and she's screaming pretty good, I rarely hit redline, I rarely hit 9000. So when you guys are railing around on the banshee, and the powerband kicks in and your over half throttle, you can figure your RPM's somewhere around 6100 :shrug: .

Cmon now, powervalves, you know a banshee doesn't kick in that early :thumbsup:

Red ine is when the peak power is made....

If this is true what is the yellow section that precedes the red on some tachometers? Yellow is usually warning or caution, right? Red is stop or danger.

When you drive down main street do you try to arrive at the intersection when the lights are red?

I seached and couldnt find- anyone know?

Redline on a four stroke is just before the valves begin to float. In other words, it is not safe to go past redline because it can grenade.

Two strokes don't have that problem.

Due to port timing/positioning, reeds, engine design, a two stroke will only rev so far. If it quits making power at 9500rpm, then there is just no point in waiting later to shift. If you look at the dyno charts mentioned before, one motor does rev further than the other. It just shows how the design was changed so one motor will pull to a higher rpm. I'm sure a 2-stroke could be reved to the point where there is a crank or rod failure, but on an engine in good condition, that is just not likely to happen without outside enfluence (nos, water/alcahol injection...ect.). Based on Vito's chart showing a "stock" vs 4* advanced engine, I would say the shift point for a stock Banshee is around 9400-9500rpm. The motor will rev past that in neutral, but under a load, it is not going to rev very far past that because the power abruptly drops off, it will just quit pulling. Most of us don't have a tach to tell us when to shift, so we shift by feel/sound.

Hope that answers your question.

:biggrin: By the way,,,thanks to the person that posted the Vito's Dyno chart,,,that with the gear chart, says my Shee will run somewhere close to 80-85mph. Anyone got a dyno chart with stock motor, PC pipes, filter, and cool head???