Long travel suspension

warwgn

That's all fine and dandy but it looks like one wheel sits farther forward than the other. I think its kinda goofy. :down: Seems to me there would be some better ways of getting a lot of travel. That just looks like a LOT of work and seems like it would be kinda weak to me. The welds look good, but there is a lot of weird angles that would have to handle a LOT of stress in that design. Would be interesting to see how it holds up to a couple years of riding.

That's all fine and dandy but it looks like one wheel sits farther forward than the other. I think its kinda goofy. :down: Seems to me there would be some better ways of getting a lot of travel. That just looks like a LOT of work and seems like it would be kinda weak to me. The welds look good, but there is a lot of weird angles that would have to handle a LOT of stress in that design. Would be interesting to see how it holds up to a couple years of riding.

I highly doubt that one wheel sits forward from the other. That would assume that the a-arms were symetric. I've heard nothing but great things about those sundahl setups. I think if you can even buy one, the frame itself runs like 10k, but it's been awhile since I've seen any threads about them. Think outside the box, people.

There was a guy in my neghborhood that had one of those, unfortunately he moved to so cal. He had helmet cam of him bombin through three foot deep whoops and you could see the speedo ont the gps reading 75-80mph, he also had a built cheetah in it puttin out almost 95hp. That bike ripped and could take hits that would break me and my shee (in its current configuration) without even flinching. It did have a lot of body roll though.

No, you can't get a sundahl frame anymore, unless you find a used one. And as far as the frame itself, you can't get anything better. Its as close to perfect geometry as you can get. Not to mention its plenty tough enough. That thing has won the Baja 1000, you aren't going to break it on a trail.

Basically thats what we all should dream about getting, screw a 250r style frame, Id give my left kidney for one of sundahl's frames.

Edit: Nickypap,

Thats as close to zero bump steer as is possible.

Edited by dawarriorman

There was a guy in my neghborhood that had one of those, unfortunately he moved to so cal. He had helmet cam of him bombin through three foot deep whoops and you could see the speedo ont the gps reading 75-80mph, he also had a built cheetah in it puttin out almost 95hp. That bike ripped and could take hits that would break me and my shee (in its current configuration) without even flinching. It did have a lot of body roll though.

:woot: That's insane...

No, you can't get a sundahl frame anymore, unless you find a used one. And as far as the frame itself, you can't get anything better. Its as close to perfect geometry as you can get. Not to mention its plenty tough enough. That thing has won the Baja 1000, you aren't going to break it on a trail.

Basically thats what we all should dream about getting, screw a 250r style frame, Id give my left kidney for one of sundahl's frames.

One of each would be nice :wink:

He had helmet cam of him bombin through three foot deep whoops and you could see the speedo ont the gps reading 75-80mph, he also had a built cheetah in it puttin out almost 95hp.

ive seen some video like that. either on PS or RDC, i dont remember. anyways, i too would give a kidney, or anyother redundant body for that chassis setup. smooth like a trophy truck.