How many of you run race fuel?

How many of you guys run race fuel? i'm curently running c-12 but thinking of changing my domes so i can run pump gas. the price of the c-12 is curently $9.50 a gallon. i'm in jersey and if the c-12 is higher in diffrent places inforum me and i'll keep runing it so i dont feel like a cheap ass. its just hard to run c-12 for $9.50 when i can get pump 93 $3.10 or so. also if any of you know how much balls will my banshee lose when i change the domes and run pump?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your compression, because you may be able to run AV100LL (aviation fuel, it's 100 octane), but it depends on how much compression you are runnin'. AV100LL is only about $4.00 a gallon, which is cheaper more than pump gas, but half the price of race fuel.

Your dome question depends on where you started and what size you want to run, and those also depend on elevation, humidity, etc...............

Just some thoughts...... :beer:

Thanks for the info. Im riping off my head today to see what domes are in there. I checked and thers no sunoco around me that have race fuel. but there is a airport that i use to get avation fuel at. im gonna check and see if there willing to sell it again i heard rumors that they were being dicks about selling it to the off road community.

I use to run half race fuel and 93 octane before I got my passion motor. FBO's can not legally sell you avgas unless they are putting it in a aircraft , but alot of those guys are pretty cool and will sell it. When I go to little sahara that is what I take with me. Make sure it does not have butane in it, your bike will stink.

I just go to our local small town airport and park. Take my five gallon CA. approved fuel container out on the tarmac at the pump and swipe my credit card. You may need a tail number off one of the planes, at least this pump asks for one, and type one in and select how much you want. In this case five gallons and it shuts off at five gallons, and then again for the second container. If you act like you belong there and know what you are doing they usually wont bother you.

Works for me............... :beer:

I've never heard of AV gas being illegal to use in anything but planes, and I doubt it is. Makes no sense. You can go buy jet fuel all day long (kerosene). Its not like its anything special. More than likely someone just said it was illegal as an easy way to stop having to deal with people wanting 5 gallons at a time.

Besides, the FAA can't enact laws.

I use straight 100LL. I've driven on the tarmac with the quad in the back to get it. They don't care, just something to talk about.

Edit: and what about farmers that have their own landing strip and keep their plane at home?

Edited by dawarriorman

I just go to our local small town airport and park. Take my five gallon CA. approved fuel container out on the tarmac at the pump and swipe my credit card. You may need a tail number off one of the planes, at least this pump asks for one, and type one in and select how much you want. In this case five gallons and it shuts off at five gallons, and then again for the second container. If you act like you belong there and know what you are doing they usually wont bother you.

Works for me............... :beer:

thats what i do mins the tail number. im paying $3.90 in Harrisonvillie, MO (about 20 min north of me)

Find your local stock car track and ask the guys where they get theres. I run 110 leaded race fuel in my decked out yz250 since i must with my motor. And im usually fillin up on the way out to trails on friday with all the stock car guys. Its at the pump for 4 bucks. Or you can find a high performance engine builder and can get a five gallon drum for about 43 bucks. Just call around to anyplace that builds high performance anything.