..:la sleeve 409:..

arlis

I am looking in the near future to purchase a big bore cylinder and have been doing a lot of research on the la sleeve 409 bolt on. What i am looking for is something different than the cubs BUT dont get me wrong i love the cubs they can run hard and are reliable but i would like to try something else that runs hard to. The 409 is known for its cooling capacity and its unique design and i am liking it the more i look into it. yes cost wise the cub would be the way to go but at this point money isnt really that much of a factor! What i was planning on doing was ordering this bolt on from la sleeve and taking it down to my local shop redline and let them get me a awsome dune port and get my engine to a 4 mill!!!!!! please give me some input!!

i dont really understand why you want to play with something that isnt as reputable as a cub. for the money your going to put into this mistery motor having it ports and stroked you could get something you know is going to rip and not have to think twice about, worst comes to worst your going to find your self spending more money buying a cubby anyways becasue you already know the reputation they hold.

I agree, if money is no factor when why only a 4mil. Get a cheetah and put a 7 or 10mil in there and you could still dune with it. More power than you would ever need to get out of any situation.

Forget the 409 and go with cubs. You will be pissed off when cubs keep passing you everywhere and you had the option to get a set.

For the price of the 409, then the porting to try and wake it up you could have gotton a cub with a cleanup that would make more power.

There's a little jump in price going from a 4 mil to a 7 ...no difference really in a 7 to 10.

I'd go 10 all the way on alky, and I'd look to see if they make a super cub in a 10 mil stroke.

I know they make a 72mm bore for teh 4 mil supercub....a 72 mm bore with 10mil stroke would be an absolute animal!!

Money not a factor and something different.

I would do the cheeta or t-rex power valve engine.

sounds to me like he came across some money and is going to dump it into his bike but dosent want to be like the crowd, he is hoping he can get something that others dont have and keep up or maybe beat and say see you dont need a cub to go fast. hats off to you for trying something differant but i still dont see why you want to spend all that money to just be differant when the cubs have been proven.

For the money you spend, I think we all know dollar for dollar, the cubs are hard to beat.

If you're set against buying...and money is no object (it better not be) go with a twister setup.

They're not nearly as common as a cub, they run strong, look kickass...but, you're going to pay out the ass for it.

For a mere 13,500 you could get a triple billet cylinder triple twister, complete with ignition, carbs and pipes ready to bolt in.....

Get you diapers on...you're gonna shat yourself when you hit it....