well here is the new quad from ktm/polaris merge

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how does the new outlaw with the bigger motor and independant rear suspension way less than a predator?

i work with both frequently and would have never guessed that. possibly because they are both still fuckin heavy. haha.

i thought ktm woudl have stepped it up too :yankyank:

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ATV...25/Features.htm

its a outlaw with a ktm 525 motor

big deal

Gay... Yeah they can throw a big engine in there but that rear suspension is retarded and make the damn things weigh a freaking ton. I will take my straight axle any day.

i dont think its as far off as you think. the only real disadvantage to irs is the added weight of dual shocks/springs/cv's/ barkes etc. once they figure out how to get the weight down without driving up the cost much you wont see any more straight axles except on low end machines.

from a performance, handling, traction, braking perspective irs is decades ahead.

maybe drag racing is where straight axles would awalys be better ill surely admit that, but there isnt a single 4 wheeler made from the factory which is strictly for dragging. oems cater to the masses and short of irs and fuel injection, the 4 wheeler market has sort of been stagnant as far as innovation goes.

Yah as a predator owner it really grinds my gears that they have had the predator for how long, and haven't changed a thing, but the outlaw is out for a year and then gets a 525 ktm motor.

I'm realy sorry to hear you own a predaturd.

Now that they have merged you'll get a sweet engine in the same peice of crap quad, not to mention the cost of repair.

....damn that thing is ugly!