Raptor Owners

A friend of mine resently bought a like new slightly used 05 Raptor 660R from the local Yamaha dealer. The Stealership parts guys sold him on some oil I've never herd of "7th Gear". He wants to switch up to something better, but doesn't know what brand and weight to go with. I'm a two stroke guy and don't know crap about Raptors, other than they're usually behind me. :yelrotflmao:

So all you Raptor guys - Please advise

Thanks

-Ryan

Thanks for the replies :beer:

It sounds to me like the good old Yamalube would be a safe bet...4R - 10w-40 then?

He asked about running Amsoil. Is there a specific one to get? Or does He just look for the "motorcycle w/ wet type clutch" oil? :shrug:

What ratio should he mix his gas at? :baseball_w00t: J/K

-Thanks

Thanks for the replies :beer:

It sounds to me like the good old Yamalube would be a safe bet...4R - 10w-40 then?

He asked about running Amsoil. Is there a specific one to get? Or does He just look for the "motorcycle w/ wet type clutch" oil? :shrug:

What ratio should he mix his gas at? :baseball_w00t: J/K

-Thanks

The yamalube 4R is 10w50.

And mix your your gas (Crown) with your choice of beverage at a ratio of 4:1. :thumb: