What does it feel like to ride a Banshee?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only had mine for a few months, it's my first quad and it'has not disappointed yet. The feeling you get from riding one of these is unbelievable the one thing i can compare it to is a turbo car with a BIG turbo. Not much in the bottom but boom she hits and all you can do is hold on....

BUY ONE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED :headbang:

I've only had mine for a few months, it's my first quad and it'has not disappointed yet. The feeling you get from riding one of these is unbelievable the one thing i can compare it to is a turbo car with a BIG turbo. Not much in the bottom but boom she hits and all you can do is hold on....

BUY ONE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED :headbang:

I have used that same comparison(sp) before :headbang::cheers:

RIPPEN

You may think the banshee are cheap until you get the bug and start adding all the " goodies" to it. I'm old school so I like the way the power hits. I'ts like a tame cub when its at idle, then when you crack the throttle it's starts to wake up and all of a sudden hell breaks loose like a pissed off tiger. Nothing can compare pound for pound when it boils down to the 2 stroke. I never regret buying one.... but my wallet does. :D

word :headbang:

riding banshee is like having very dirty very rough sex with a hot girl. i guess that would describe any 2 stroke though.

you can sit there in 3rd gear just plotting along at low rpm and floor it. you wait paintly as the revs slowly build untill the engine beliefly studders as it comes into its proper power range and then bam you are going sideways and wondering if you are going to crash into someones house. you slam it through the rest of the gears and in a very short number of seconds youre pushing 90 in an area that is really designed to be rode through at 30. it gets scary real fast. thats the thing about banshee. it can go faster than you want under most any condition so you have to keep alert.

its great for someone like me who doesnt really jump too much. i just kind of fuck around on some higher speed smooth trails on the weekend. consider it duning but with trees and other obsticles in the way.

the banshee is generally considered by most to be an antiquated machine as far as its suspension goes. so if youre into big jumps or running on motocross tracks, the banshee might not be for you.

earlier this year when i bought my banshee at the yamaha dealer, the salesman asked me why did i want a banshee? i replied with: "i like to go full throttle and full brake and anything else is nonsence." he then remarked that a banshee is probably the right quad for me afterall.

dont be a retard like me. buy a shee with all of the goodies already on it. Otherwise itll drain your wallet weekly and you'll spend all of your time working on the shit taking off old shit and tweaking in the new stuff just to go and get something else and have to do it all over again. Not to mention you wont have all of the almost useless stock junk that you have to get rid of but keep "just in case" you decide to return the thing back to stock to sell

Bone stock banshees are kinda like bigfoot and the loch ness monster. There are some people that really do believe they exist, but nobody has really ever seen them.

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

Well, to say the least that has got to be some funny stuff.

I can say that two years ago before I bought my Honda 400EX, the bike previous to my Banshee I actually test drove a bone stock 1995 banshee. I believe I saw it a few months ago, and it is no longer bone stock. Last June I bought my '96 shee. IMHO there is nothing like sitting at the bottom of sand Mountain UT, for example and beating guys on atv's that cost at least 2-3x more than yours. Or having a hot girl riding on back and hitting the powerband, and her squeezing tight. I would reccomend getting one, but make sure it has at least pipes. The stock one that I rode wasn't that impressive, but if you get a piped one it will make anyone grin from ear to ear.

My dad, and brother are fourstroke guys who always brag about their bottom-end power, ya that is pretty cool stuff, but when you hit that powerband, there is just this surge of power kindof like nitrous to those cars on Fast and the Furious, and I cannot forget that sound, when you get on the pipe (or powerband) that sound is just music to my ears. I imagine its the same for many of the HQ'ers around here.

my .02

I've tried many times to describe the powerband of the banshee to a few of my friends. but the only real way to understand the unimaginable power is to just get one and let her loose. you won't regret it. and about the mods, theres no resisting it. I told myself when I got mine I'd leave it alone, but when you see everything out there made for a banshee you can't help yourself. its awesome.

Ever rode a scrambler at the fair or carnival? Multiply by ten in a straight line.The whipping feeling is close but when you multiply Hang ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(remember to build up the neck muscles with some exersizes first) he he