breather hose

i just got back my moter from rebuild, i installed it, dont remember where the breather hose that came off the water pump case went. i opened the chiltons and its no help, is it just an overflow. also the only spot for it is a 3 way above that, but it comes right off the crank case so that does not seem right.

I got rid of all that crap and just ran the on up front, up a little and cut it short just past hanging through the front motor mount. The one in the rear I did kinda the same thing. Just routed it up a bit and then ran it down with the mess of hoses from the carbs. Have heard from several different people thats it ok to do this... Kinda helps clean things up :clap:

RIPPEN

ive heard a sum "hype" about this subject the most questionable one ive heard was from this guy that told that u had to run the line verticaly or else air gets under the pistons which causes resistance :confused: he had it ran it up behind the airbox with a K&n on the end it looked pretty trick

ive heard a sum "hype" about this subject the most questionable one ive heard was from this guy that told that u had to run the line verticaly or else air gets under the pistons which causes resistance :confused: he had it ran it up behind the airbox with a K&n on the end it looked pretty trick

Just a question, but how do you get air under your pistons?

This vent line in which we are talking about is for the transmission.

I thought its purpose was for expansion of the tranny oil when heated

from use. The transmission and crankcase are 2 separate entitys.

Sounds like the "hype" in which you speak of smells like bullshit to me. :confused:

I dont see any need for a filter on this vent line. But hey, I'm still learning

new things about my banshee just about every day.

:cheers:

"Just a question, but how do you get air under your pistons?

This vent line in which we are talking about is for the transmission.

I thought its purpose was for expansion of the tranny oil when heated

from use. The transmission and crankcase are 2 separate entitys.

Sounds like the "hype" in which you speak of smells like bullshit to me."

Yah thats what i was thinkin when he said that i was like WTF :blink:

• 1 month later...

If I am not mistaken, that vent hose that comes out of the clutch cover ties into the same vent

line that comes off the back of the top engine case. Then the hose goes up the frame to under the

handlebars.

:cheers:

Could some body take a picture of this routing from me or point me in the direction of a picture? Thanks. :baseball_santa:

Could some body take a picture of this routing from me or point me in the direction of a picture? Thanks. :baseball_santa:

Oh come on, somebody could help a brotha out by waddling out to their garage and snapping a pick with their digicam. :baseballcap_orange:

I got rid of all that crap and just ran the on up front, up a little and cut it short just past hanging through the front motor mount. The one in the rear I did kinda the same thing. Just routed it up a bit and then ran it down with the mess of hoses from the carbs. Have heard from several different people thats it ok to do this... Kinda helps clean things up :clap:

RIPPEN

I did the exact same thing. Been like that for years. Only thing you have to watch for is if you get going downhill that front breather hose can act like a syphon and start to drain your tranny fluid. Mine does this from time to time.