The new Raptor 700

oh well .. the cheaper banshee and cheaper mods leaves money for spare parts :)

but yeah.. point taken.. i dont have a 80+ hp bike so i cant really comment on that but i can see how doubling an engines HP can and will break parts.

"I think the 06 YFZ and 450R have MORE HP than their predecessors....stock."

could be true..

all i have seen is the same mods done to a 04 model give better results then on a 06 model

:cheers: lets not start a big fight.. and just enjoy our 2-strokes.

I own a modded YFZ, and the predator is slower than the 660 raptor by 1 MPH.

660 raptors are slow

i have rode my freinds modded trx 450 R and its slow yet torquey

The only four stroke to me as a YFZ owner and soon to be banshee owner that is worth having, modding ,racing and all around riding I say get a YFZ , to me its the only 4-stroke that can even come close to modded banshee.

BTW the 700 raptors are smoother but yet more peppier then the previous 660 models but are only 2 MPH faster than the 660 r's.

The 700R is every bit better than the 660's but it will lose to a YFZ and a Banshee just about every time but its real close this is stock for stock put pipes on the bikes and the real battle is between the banshee and the yfz. I agree lets not start an argument and lets just enjoy our quads.

Edited by BansheeRider71

The Raptor 660 is a haul ass quad. Especially with some mods. Suespension is way better than a Banshee.

The new 700 smokes. Lots of guys at Glamis with the this season. Stock they are very fast. Don't bullshit yourselves.

All 3 450s (yama, honda, zuki) are quality top of the line shit. Sport quads are multi billion dollar merchandise boys and girls. EVRYTHING is being made better and faster.

I own a modded YFZ, and the predator is slower than the 660 raptor by 1 MPH.

660 raptors are slow

i have rode my freinds  modded trx 450 R  and its slow yet torquey

The only four stroke to me as a YFZ owner and soon to be banshee owner that is worth having, modding  ,racing and all around riding I say get a YFZ , to me its the only 4-stroke that can even come close to  modded banshee.

BTW the 700 raptors are smoother but yet more peppier then the previous 660 models but are only 2 MPH faster than the 660 r's.

The 700R is every bit better than the 660's but it will lose to a YFZ and a Banshee just about every time but its real close this is stock for stock put pipes on the bikes and the real battle is between the banshee and the yfz. I agree lets not start an argument and lets just enjoy our quads.

521252[/snapback]

That's changed in 06. YFZ and the R are totally revamped motors. The R rules the roost stock...and slightly modded.

My buddy has an 04 with a bunch of goodies, 480 kit, 12.5:1 piston, HRC cam, Full yosh, cleaned up head, ignition, flywheel and FCR carbs. It eats stock motor piped shees. I've seen it time and time again. Hate to give him credit...but, it's true.

However, port a shee...and it's a whole new ball game!!

I'm going to personally wait till the end of this riding season...then pickup a used 450...not sure which. I've always been a Honda guy. However, I've loved the see much longer.

I agree...Bansh88. All the new sport quads are quality shit...reliable, fast...and fun to ride.

Edited by dajogejr

personaly I think it is lame to dis on any bike just because it doesn't serve your purpose,

the four stokes are awsome fun for everyday all kinds of riding, no they are not practical drag bikes and it does not make sence to try and make them compete with the shee's at that aspect but for what they are they are great.

put a shee up against any new 4 stroke stock or not, mod for mod any where but a drag strip and the thumper will make the shee look lame.

now I am not ripping the shee by any means, there is noting like them at the hill and for cheap horsies and thrills,I am mearly stating that I am tired of hearing about how one is so much greater than the others they are nothing alike and they were not meant to be alike so why be negative towards one or the other

In my opinion the perfect setup is to have one new 4 stroke(450 R) and one modded shee in the arsinal that way when your tired of running the hill or your shee takes a shit on you you always have a reliable spare :headbang:

any way if someone who has riddin one and would like to answer his question I would also like to know what the 700 is all about.

In my opinion the perfect setup is to have  one new 4 stroke(450 R) and one modded shee in the arsinal that way when your tired of running the hill or your shee takes a shit on you you always have a reliable spare :headbang:

521330[/snapback]

Word!

:cheers:

I am a 2-stroke guy also, mainly becasue I am really into snowmobiles. I believe that snowmobiles are perfect applications for 2-strokes, because of the clutch setup; (providing you have it clutched right) during a drag race you are alwasy in the power band, and through the trails it also (again you have to change the clutch setup but again, if tuned right)

I hate to say it, but for trail riding a 4-stroke bike and quads is the way to go, you can chug through the tight twister trails, it never loads up, and you don;t have to wait for the power to come on, or clutch it to make up for bad driving, always has plenty of torque. ONce you start modding a 2-stroke they become even worse, more like an on/off switch, not a throttle control. PLus the best thing is that when you get to the gas station at the next town, you put gas in it, no toting around or looking for high priced oil. Not to mention with the 4-strokes, you can skip allot of the gas stops completely. This is a fact! MY buddies 660 last year had better gas mileage than a modded banshee (65HP), a slighlty modded RM125, a stock KX125, and a KTM SX250 (which by the way is the probably best dirt bike I have ever ridden).

Now I was at Bull Gap Sand hill the other day and even here, there were probably 15-20 machines out there and not once did a 2-stroke beat any of the 4-strokes on the hill. Maybee they were all tricked out to the bone, but they didn't seem it. 4-strokes get a bad rep, but I think mostly by people who have not been around them or ridden them much.

They are more money to mod, but you get a more drivable machine.

I love 2-strokes, and I am enjoying my first Banshee (1996), but I would certainly not rule out a 4-stroke as my next.

I got a chance to ride my buddies new 700 craptor for an hour or so yesterday at Winchester here in Oregon. Let me say this: my buddy is pissed. He thought it would be at least a little faster than the 450s, but they were walking all over him; even the total stockers. I wasn't much impressed with the power although the EFI sure makes it run nice. Lots of torque but not much at all on top, crappy suspension compared to the 450s, and very tall and top heavy. It strikes me as a fat man's bike. Other guys I was there with had honda and yama 450s, a couple of them with pipes, cams, etc. None could come close to my shee, not even in the same league; though I have a few more bux into mine than them. I will say that the 450s are a lot of fun and I am thinking about having one to switch onto when my arms get sore from my shee.

Edit: fergot to mention that my other shee is pretty basic; piped with Fattys, Noss with 21s, and single K&N. Seemed to run about the same on the top end as the piped 450s, so a bit faster than the 700. With the same basic tire setup, we were all getting stuck in about the same places (boggy wet sand this weekend). Needless to say, that bike got put away after one ride and I switched back to the built shee and ruled again.

Edited by ssanddemon

I bet you'd rather have a newer four stroke for those whooped out trails all around that hill...:)

521396[/snapback]

I was there again today and those woops are bad. Last year there was about 3 of them before the start of the hill. This year they go up the hill for a while. I will tell you what thouhg today I was ridign better than ever. I race dtwo othe rBanshees and a KTM250, I won against all three. That was all the people there though.