help with chain

well i went to tighten my buddies chain on his banshee, i loosend the 2 side colts so i could move the chain back. Its on the tightest it can go and the chain still have about 4 inches of play in it.........Is there anyway i could take out some links in the chain to make it tighter? He also put a 13t sprocket on, and we goin on a trip on thursday and hes on a budget, he doesnt ahve the money to buy a new chain... Any ideas?

I dropped my gearing down to 13/40 and the chain was too long, so I took a link out of it. All I did was grind the little bars so they would go through the clip and then put it back together, lost all the slack i didnt like :cheers:

Course you prolly have to get one at the stealership so expect to get a motion pro or something similar for $30-$40.

518914[/snapback]

more like 150-200 for a complete kit. motion pro is not cheap stuff.

Hey guys, quick question on that note... I coincidently just did this same thing. However my setup is off just enough that the chain is too loose with the extra link and the carrier won't pull back far enough. BUT with the link removed it is too tight... :wacko:

I may have to go with a tooth smaller on the rear but may not have the time or money to do that. Is it detrimental to the engine if the chain is too tight?? or will even an older chain still streatch a little and loosen up??

Dude. What are you guys talking about grinding?

Get a chain breaker. (motion pro, tusk, whatever. it aint 150-200 bucks!) Undo the master link. Take a regular link of chain out and press the master link back to the chain. Your done.

Don't grind anything on your chain. Your going to fuck it up.

Edited by Bansh88

Dude.  What are you guys talking about grinding? 

Get a chain breaker. (motion pro, tusk, whatever.  it aint 150-200 bucks!)  Undo the master link.  Take a regular link of chain out and press the master link back to the chain.  Your done.

Don't grind anything on your chain.  Your going to fuck it up.

519929[/snapback]

What the he!! are you talking about,been grinding chain pins for years,then punch it out.I will do it my way while you spend your money on something I dont need.