Da Vinci Code

warwgn

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason people feel so strongly about this whole religion thing is that they can't come to terms with the fact that they really are insignificant, they've gotta feel like there is some higher purpose I suppose, but deep down inside they know its all ficticious BS and thats why they can choose to be "religious" only when its convienient for them, so they can start wars and call people names one minute and then be a "good christian" the next minute. Ya just gotta live your life the best that ya can I guess, have a little fun and be good to others while your health allows ya to, because when its over its over, end of story.

you started out consistent :shrug: but you trailed off, let me finish for you. it's ficticious BS that there is a "best" or "good" since there are no morel standards for chemicals.

sorry you can't have your cake and eat it too!

there is no god

how did i know he would come up with some bullshit like god existed before science, he was always here, therfore god is exempt from those rules type shit :yelrotflmao:

well then your statement of something cant come from nothing goes out the door, ahahah

you fail and how did god create all this from nothing/

hahaha

just more rationaliztion of why you cant explain how god did all that, or where he came from

gimme some proof

Edited by helldriver

rkc,

You're right that my knowledge of the universe is very limited, but that makes me no different than anyone else, and thats why we can have this debate, because nobody KNOWS anything really.

I believe in what I do because I apply the rules of science, math, and physics that I live by everyday to everything. They have never failed me and I have no reason at all to believe that these rules don't apply everywhere.

For me to believe that there is some supernatural being that followed no rules at all but created all these rules for us to follow is just illogical, I just can't do it at this point.

you started out consistent :shrug: but you trailed off, let me finish for you. it's ficticious BS that there is a "best" or "good" since there are no morel standards for chemicals.

sorry you can't have your cake and eat it too!

We do NOT need religion to know the difference between good and bad, morals DO NOT depend on religion, have you ever seen a couple of dogs be courteous to one another? I have, and it probably wasn't because they went to church on Sunday.

rkc,

You're right that my knowledge of the universe is very limited, but that makes me no different than anyone else, and thats why we can have this debate, because nobody KNOWS anything really.

I believe in what I do because I apply the rules of science, math, and physics that I live by everyday to everything. They have never failed me and I have no reason at all to believe that these rules don't apply everywhere.

For me to believe that there is some supernatural being that followed no rules at all but created all these rules for us to follow is just illogical, I just can't do it at this point.

faster,

the reason i believe the bible is that it does follow the rules and is consistent with logic. it really does have continuity

you: believe personality/intelligence came from non personality ( inorganic material)

I : believe personality/intelligence came from personality, person begat person

deep down you do believe in your significance, purpose (you just might have exposed it here) love, meaning right & wrong. none of these could be real if you're just evolved rock.

We do NOT need religion to know the difference between good and bad, morals DO NOT depend on religion, have you ever seen a couple of dogs be courteous to one another? I have, and it probably wasn't because they went to church on Sunday.

there is no good or bad in a chemical only world because it's all relative. wrong for one might be right for another

atheist do what they want, period.

Edited by rkc

faster,

the reason i believe the bible is that it does follow the rules and is consistent with logic. it really does have continuity

you: believe personality/intelligence came from non personality ( inorganic material)

I : believe personality/intelligence came from personality, person begat person

deep down you do believe in your significance, purpose (you just might have exposed it here) love, meaning right & wrong. none of these could be real if you're just evolved rock.

there is no good or bad in a chemical only world because it's all relative. wrong for one might be right for another

atheist do what they want, period.

I don't know that saying atheist do what they want is a true statement, I know many that are what I consider to be good members of society, in fact I know of people who claim to be christians that are much less upstanding.

The question of where good, bad, evil, love, hate, etc came from is a pretty deep one, human DNA has not been completely charted and some say the uncharted portion may hold the secret the human soul. I think it is easiest and quickest to just say god did it, and that is why that standpoint is so popular. If you don't understand it, then it must have been god.

I can say one thing, if your god really does exsist, I sure wish he'd let us know, because then I would be happy to believe you. I'm the type of person that needs to see proof to believe, and your religion just cannot provide that proof.

the bible idiots like rkc are the ones that do whatever they want,,, they dont follow the rules set fourth by jesus, they only pick and choose what parts to follow, YET they condem other for acting in a non christian way, when they in fact do the same thing,

if you want to follow the bible, its all or nothing, you cant have you cake and eat it too bible morons

Edited by helldriver

Brooke. I really don't recall your stance.... do you believe in gods ?

i have no idea if god exists. i wasnt raised in a religious family. i certainly dont feel the need to condemn and make fun of the other 90% of americans who do believe in god. i dont begin to imagine that i know the answers to lifes mysteries based on my college level physics knowledge. i do, however, understand and respect faith. whatever form that faith may take.

I don't know that saying atheist do what they want is a true statement, I know many that are what I consider to be good members of society, in fact I know of people who claim to be christians that are much less upstanding.

- are there prechers who pretend to be Godly ..yes ....are there people who sin terribly despite the fact they belive in God ..no doubt ... throughout history man has used religion to his advantage of his desires ,but it doesnt mean God or Jesus authorized this as being holy

The question of where good, bad, evil, love, hate, etc came from is a pretty deep one, human DNA has not been completely charted and some say the uncharted portion may hold the secret the human soul. I think it is easiest and quickest to just say god did it, and that is why that standpoint is so popular. If you don't understand it, then it must have been god.

charted ,uncharted ..lol lets face it head on ...man cant create anything, we can only destroy

-hate death evil all this comes from original sin

I can say one thing, if your god really does exsist, I sure wish he'd let us know, because then I would be happy to believe you. I'm the type of person that needs to see proof to believe, and your religion just cannot provide that proof.

- theres proof everwhere around you friend ,open your eyes

the more that is posted about evolution and science, the more strong my faith becomes .... you guys make me belive even more of the true power of my God ..thank you for the refreshing comments ..keep them coming :thumbsup:

and the more hyprocrisy you spew out, and the more how i see you bible thumpers act, the more im glad i will never be a part of it

thank you

like how you claim in going to hell, yet jesus says you are going to hell for all those little sins you do,, yet somehow you just skip over that,

Edited by helldriver

I'm just asking you to be consistent there's no harmoney in being a fence walker.

I never said an atheist could not be morel they are because truth is truth for all of us. what I am saying is being a intellectually honest atheist is incompatable with morality (please read my above post about relativism) an atheist can borrow morality from religion but in reality it's just a myth to a rock, thats all you'll ever be.

I know you want God to change the rules just for you,but he won't there is never enough proof for the unWILLING he even says that in the scriptures. it's about probability.

Edited by rkc