Da Vinci Code

warwgn

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD, I had a theory about this thread that I posted back on 10-06-2006. I was just wondering if you ever read it or thought about what I said?

probably, but since i dont belive in your god, he can not have anything to do with it

im still curious though, WHY is your god the right one, and all the others wrong?

i think in your heart, you know its all make belive, you constantly battle with your self and TRY to rationalize it, but deep down you KNOW is all make belive, just like santa claus,

Edited by helldriver

probably, but since i dont belive in your god, he can not have anything to do with it

im still curious though, WHY is your god the right one, and all the others wrong?

i think in your heart, you know its all make belive, you constantly battle with your self and TRY to rationalize it, but deep down you KNOW is all make belive, just like santa claus,

I am not aware of any other god that sacrificed themselves so that we humans could not only communicate with but spend eternity in the presence of God. I do not know of any other god that was crucified for a purpose, to pay for the sins of all humans, and then defeated death. There are hundreds if not thousands of "g"ods out there and there probabally is some similar story but I am not personally aware of it.

Of course then there is personal life experiance that comes into play for many of us.

The problem you run into is you will not accept the Bible as a valid source of information. At the same time, any scientific theory that would lend credibility to the Bible is rejected. Yet you seem to accept any scientific theory that would contradict the Bible. Why is one theory better than the other? Another issue is many people do not understand the Bible, not because they can't but because they won't. It is frustrating to me when someone latches onto a single passage and takes it out of context. You and I did a lot of Bible Context stuff early in this thread and I know it was making sense to you then, even though you did not agree with it.

I could go on with little thoughts like that but I know it is not what you are looking for. I assure you I have no battle in regard to the existance of God, who Jesus was and what he did. I do battle with the same things every other person does as far as greed, lust, selfishness etc. I also deal with frustration, pain, sadness and the other day to day crap that floats around in this world.

I believe you think it is a sign of weakness to trust that God is in control. But please understand that just because I believe God is in control that I just sit around doing nothing. I work, play, love etc. It is just that when hard times come I know that there is a bigger picture. A lot of times I learn something through the hard times. It forces me to grow and I am a better more rounded person when I come out on the other side. It is my opinion that sometimes the hard times are the only way God can get a hold of us and make us deal with whatever problem we have.

Any way, long post and I most definately am rambling on. If you read this far know that I am not trying to jack you up. Maybe trying to get you to open your mind a bit to at least understand more completely what you are choosing to reject.

Take it easy, ride safe.

RJV

That was funny stuff!

and RJ, I just can not accept something without proof,,, and the problem is that evey other eeligion claims they are right, and others are wrong, and IF their was one unifed god, he would have made it known,

I mean there is a reason why prayers are never answered,,

there is NO god higher than oneself,

you will not accept any evidence that disproves the bible, you ignore parts of it, and only use what suits you

but anyways rj, i have to say out alll the bible pushers here, I can tell you REALLY try and practice what you preach, unlike 04 le, who preaches god, but then acts in a satanic way, and reverned rkc, who can do nothing but name call, and really has no knowledge on this subect

Edited by helldriver

I am not aware of any other god that sacrificed themselves so that we humans could not only communicate with but spend eternity in the presence of God. I do not know of any other god that was crucified for a purpose, to pay for the sins of all humans, and then defeated death. There are hundreds if not thousands of "g"ods out there and there probabally is some similar story but I am not personally aware of it.

Of course then there is personal life experiance that comes into play for many of us.

The problem you run into is you will not accept the Bible as a valid source of information. At the same time, any scientific theory that would lend credibility to the Bible is rejected. Yet you seem to accept any scientific theory that would contradict the Bible. Why is one theory better than the other? Another issue is many people do not understand the Bible, not because they can't but because they won't. It is frustrating to me when someone latches onto a single passage and takes it out of context. You and I did a lot of Bible Context stuff early in this thread and I know it was making sense to you then, even though you did not agree with it.

I could go on with little thoughts like that but I know it is not what you are looking for. I assure you I have no battle in regard to the existance of God, who Jesus was and what he did. I do battle with the same things every other person does as far as greed, lust, selfishness etc. I also deal with frustration, pain, sadness and the other day to day crap that floats around in this world.

I believe you think it is a sign of weakness to trust that God is in control. But please understand that just because I believe God is in control that I just sit around doing nothing. I work, play, love etc. It is just that when hard times come I know that there is a bigger picture. A lot of times I learn something through the hard times. It forces me to grow and I am a better more rounded person when I come out on the other side. It is my opinion that sometimes the hard times are the only way God can get a hold of us and make us deal with whatever problem we have.

Any way, long post and I most definately am rambling on. If you read this far know that I am not trying to jack you up. Maybe trying to get you to open your mind a bit to at least understand more completely what you are choosing to reject.

Take it easy, ride safe.

RJV

That was funny stuff!

Well said with class.