Drop a tooth?

I went back to stock teeth after several years at the famous "drop a tooth" setup. After some great rides at Glamis this weekend, Stock gearing is the best! Each gear pulled and pulled. It did appear that I needed to shift a bit more in the chop. But when we hit the open bowls and rollers, I was shredding.

Anyone who rides sand and is at the different sprocket setups, try stock again when you can. I'm never going back.

Played with gearing on the trails and MX stuff. but like you said wide open areas nothing beats the stockers! :cheers:

On my banshee last year,I was using 13/41.It seemed to really like that gearing.Tried alot of different combinations.It did have porting,shearers,and alky though.It seemed like it would pull forever. :bolt: The motor really liked that gearing,but my poor little barnett clutches hated that set-up.LOL!

With an 11 tooth up front your chain is gonna be dead w/in a couple months. Shoulda gone bigger on the rear instead...

For sand on my piped shee I liked 13/41. On 14/41 I could never get it out of 3rd. Once I got my motor work done I switched back to 14/41 but now I've got a 15T up front to see how that does.

I plan on running stock gearing on trail and dunes with my new motor...

However, we have a 1/2 mile long grass field we're going to be drag racing in...and when that happens, I'll be going 16/40 or so.

Need for top end...baby!! 1/4 mile is more than enough to top a shee out...so, I'll be gearing up for that...